Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 12-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #11
greatmaul

Re: Slovenija here

Sounds really cool. I looked it up on Wikipedia and the pictures are just amazing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia I would love to see them in person!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmaul
Sounds really cool. I looked it up on Wikipedia and the pictures are just amazing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia I would love to see them in person!
Good find. A small but beautiful country rich in history. As North Americans we think in terms of 200 years of history but the Europeans have 10 times that. One of the greatest things we can do in life is sit and listen to a person of European decent talk about their homeland and events that shaped their country.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
PimpS

Hello!

Yeah, it's been crazy in Slovenija and these parts around through the history... all the balkan region and around is facinating indeed.

I went and checked the first gz bike (23k miles...). I tried to be aware all of the tips you guys gave me and i must say that i was amazed by the state the bike is in. It's really bigger bike but a lot lower that i imagined. All though i was ahhh and drooling, well i tried not to be that enthusiastic about it, but still... My girlfriend was a lot more to the ground and we both inspected some question marks...

Here it goes:
Seller is older guy, who is on the first glance really a care taker of the bike and everything he has, everything clean in the garage, bike was covered... Bike is as i said astonishing looking... It's his daughter's bike, who doesn't use it, he has his own gz 250 (reddish colour, 2004) in the same place. So he digs this bikes a lot.
The bike was cold when started, and he start working without problem.
1. observations by my girlfriend was that soon (after 3 min) she smelled a bit of oil.
2. observation by me: the back brake was not going to loose the drum brake once i pushed it, so it was a bit squellin when bike moved (it was -2 degrees celzius), after he sat on it and give him a bit more move, it stopped.
3. observation: looking from seating on the bike, left side of an engine, where string goes in the machine (i think it's clutch), string was a bit torn (smaller string were hanging around) and after 3 min there was a bit of oil (few drops).
4. observation: when i sat on the bike, i pressed clutch and when i put in 1st gear the bike died. We didn't know what happened (i haven't loosen the clutch), we start it over and a guy put in 1st easily... I don't know what was that.

Tell me, what do you think?
Is it possible that oily smell was because of the (i'm ignorant and don't know how to call it, when you before u start the cold bike, we say u give him extra air to start easily...) that air which was too much after 3min gave him oily smelll? I hope you understand my english...

The seller was a nice guy, he took care of that bike for last 4 years good and he told me that these machines should go 40k miles without problem...

Neverthelles, i'm going to check other gz next week and we'll see.

GZ 250 is the bike for me, surely, i love it, it's really good looking and feels great sitting on it!

Thank you guys!

PimpS

Old 12-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #14
blaine

If you put the bike in gear with the side stand down,the bike will stall.This is a safety feature,so you don't ride off with the side stand down.It sounds like the clutch cable needs to be replaced.It is normal for the back brake to be a little stiff until the bike moves,especially when cold.
:cool:

Old 12-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
Gz Rider

Old 12-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #16
PimpS

Quote:
Of the 250cc bike I compared, this was the best in my opinion. If you ever see it next to the Yamaha Virago/V-Star 250, the Honda Nighthawk 250 or the Honda Rebel you will see that this is a much heavier bike. Those other bikes look like toys next to the GZ if you ask me.
I agree!

Choke it is then, girlfriend told me so, and i was skeptic,,, silly me. She's really good! :rawk:

What about smelling oil from exhaust, also choke?
Old 12-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #17
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpS

What about smelling oil from exhaust, also choke?
There should be no smell of oil from the exhaust.If it was choke it should smell like unburnt fuel,or running very rich.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #18
Water Warrior 2

Did the bike run long enough to warm up and run without the choke ? If it did.......did the smell of oil continue??
Old 12-21-2011, 01:56 AM   #19
PimpS

I think bike was running without choke, and smell was still there.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #20
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpS
I think bike was running without choke, and smell was still there.
Sounds like the bike may be burning some oil.Run your finger inside the muffler,if your finger comes out black and oily,than the bike is burning oil.