Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 04-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #21
PG tips

Re: New to GZ250bike.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdchief
Welcome to the crew. Great bunch on here and they won't steer you wrong. A windshield will make a world of difference for you. Post pictures of your saddlebags when you can. I'm using a backpack right now - not the most comfortable esp when the temp is 95 F 35 C.
PG tips is a fine tea, I get my Squadron Leader pipe tobacco from a friend in Yorkshire, I've a fine Peterson pipe and Jameson is always close at hand.

Not only am I a Police Chief, but, to make matters worse the name's O'ROURKE and that's Irish enough.

Practice practice so you can get your full license. Ride safe watch for the idiots!!
Well back out for a spin today, I getting curious as to what mileage my bike does, when I switch to reserve, I'll zero it.
but I've almost done a 100miles and the tank still has loads in it, maybe the bottom part has less volume and goes down quicker than the top? :??:
I plan to run it a good bit before I do a long trip, think the rear brake needs adjustment anyway, so I'll have to look at that, there is loads of play and it seems fairly weak.
I'll get around to taking a picture of the bike and the saddlebags, my girlfriend got them for along with some spacer bars for each side for Xmas and they are quite big at about 34 litres total, I probably would have went for smaller, but I used them today and half filled them.
Next time I pack the balaclava, better to be looking at it than for it as there was a cold gale blowing down my neck, least it was dry though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #22
Water Warrior 2

PG, you will find the rear brake is not as effective as the front. Make a pedal adjustment/slack adjustment to suit your foot position. Also check to be sure the brake light works after the adjustment. It can be adjusted too. It is a smaller round plastic switch just to the rear of the brake pedal and is adjusted by rotating the threaded plastic body.

Bigger bags are very handy. You will soon find yourself packing extra clothing along just to be safe and secure. You won't overload the GZ. It is a small pack mule and loves a slight challenge.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #23
Skunkhome

Usually use Lipton or Community but have a bit of Bigelow. Really a bean man...dark roast.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #24
Skunkhome

Have you filled up yet? I run about 206 miles before the bike starts calling for the reserve and I get about 75 miles per US gallon in mixed driving with a stock bike.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #25
Rookie Rider

I got 214 miles on a full tank with some still in it and in the reserve.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #26
vikz250

congrats on your ride! one of my dream is visit Ireland,Scotland etc.,my mother inlaw is scottish ,my wife been to scotland when she was young, someday but thats after we visit my old stampping ground Manila,Philippines..
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
Skunkhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Rider
I got 214 miles on a full tank with some still in it and in the reserve.
Well that is half the equation. How many gallons did it take to fill?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #28
PG tips

well, It looks like I am averaging 65mpg (imp gallon)
Ive gotten from 180, probably driving harder or lower in the gears to 220miles