Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 02-23-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
LilNinja77

New member from southeast VA

Hi all, new member here who doesn't own a gz yet, but is hoping to eventually add one to my garage. I love small bikes and just don't understand the whole "bigger is better" mentality that dominates the market . I'm currently loving my '07 Kawasaki Ninja 250 and the forum for that bike, but having ridden a gz 250 when I took my MSF basic-course last summer, want to have two small bikes to tear the backroads up with (and even then I'll only have spent half of what a base-model Harley costs :lol: ....at least around here, the dealers waaaay overcharge). Anyway, on to my request.
I know some consider this to be the "off-season", but I don't believe in such things and still prefer to take the Ninja over the truck, rain or shine, hot or cold. If there are any members around the southeast VA or northeast NC area that would like to join me for a ride please let me know, most of the bikes on the road near me are either crotch-rockets with squids on them or huge cruisers with overweight guys on them........I never find any other bikes on the backroads I love so much...I don't understand it :??: Have fun out there and ride safe everyone.

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
CMS

small bikes

Hello and welcome , I too share your thoughts on the smaller bikes. I grew up on 60,100 and 100+ cc bikes. They were fun then and still are. My biggest bike is a 650,but I find I only ride it when the wife is with me. In all these years I still ride /go, and do the same things I did on the early bikes. Maybe thats boring to some, but I still return from rides with a great big smile on my face. The Forum here is very good,they just need to post a little more often. The Ninja 250 forum is very active, as you probaly know.I'm really liking the new 08 Ninja,maybe I could talk the wife into buying one for her? CMS

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Gotta agree with the smaller bike theory. Happy Hobo plans on riding her 250 half way across Canada in June and I will be on my 650 which is way faster than I am brave. Modern bikes don't have to be monster bikes for a good ride or a good rush. It's how you ride what you have, knowing the limits of the bike and yourself.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
LilNinja77

Quote:
I'm really liking the new 08 Ninja,maybe I could talk the wife into buying one for her? CMS
Hey CMS, at the IMC in Washington DC they had several floor models of the new Ninja available for "test-fitting", and the entire day I was there all three of the bikes were constantly being sat on; most of the time by women who seemed to absolutely love it.....so maybe you really can get your wife to fall for one. Here's a couple of pics of myself on it. Yeah the Ninja 250 forum is really really active, members are everywhere and it's a very fun board to be a part of. Check back periodically if you do think you'll buy one of the new models, one of the moderators just bought a shiny red one and is working hard at updating the FAQ section for the new model.

Ride safe

Old 03-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
CMS

Ninja 250

Thanks for the reply and pic! I like the green one. I'am waiting on the local dealer to receive his shipment. Surfing the Ninja 250 net for the info and comments untill they arrive. CMS

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953

Old 03-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #6
molly

i am in northeastern nc and own a gz250 and hd sportster 1200c. i would be interested in joining others on rides on the 250....lemme know when and where. i am pretty busy, even on weekends, but will do whatever i can to make time for a ride!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 AM   #7
LilNinja77

Hello Molly, would love to join you for a ride sometime. Where in northeast NC are you at, I just spent 5 hours riding through there on the ninja yesterday in all that rain! Needless to say the "ole girl" needs a wash now to get all that road-grime off. I don't want to impose a time upon you since you have a busy schedule, so just let me know whenever you know you'll have a free day for riding. I can ride down to your area or you mine, or meet in the middle, whatever works out. I'll be moving across the state at the end of April, so I hope we can get together before then. Thanks for the invite!

BTW, the sportster 1200 is the king of Harleys in my mind, would love to have one myself but for now that is an expense that's a little too steep. If/when I buy a cruiser it'll probably be the Vulcan 500, it's got the Ninja 500 parallel twin in it and fits me like a glove :drool: I've never been a huge v-twin kinda guy, but I absolutely love the parallel twins. Meh, if anything my next bike will likely be smaller than the Ninja 250, it has all the power I need for street riding and touring and I see no reason to get something larger/faster when it would just be superfluous. I look forward to riding with another fellow 250 sometime, let me know when you can make it!
Ride safe

Old 05-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
molly

Oh geeez! And I would LOVE to have a Vulcan! LOL! Guess i waited too late to respond, but perhaps we can still get together for a ride some time. Where did you move to? I have lots of relatives in Virginia, so i pretty much know one area from another. I'll check back for a response SOONER this time...Happy riding!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #9
LilNinja77

I'm living in Blacksburg now, for school. It's a bit of a difference from home. I left a 350 acre farm and now am in an apartment....... :??: But it's only for a year, so I'm trying not to stress on it. I'm without my Ninja for now, she stayed back home; and of course there are more than a few beautiful bike roads out here......nice twisty mountain backroads. At the moment my 2 wheel fun is going to be limited to pedal-power, which isn't too bad considering how bicycle friendly Blacksburg is....Huckleberry Trail is freaking great!

And of course I've already spotted 2 or 3 other Ninja 250's in the city, and I don't have mine with me! Haven't seen any GZ250's yet, though I've seen a couple Rebels and a Virago 250. Actually this morning I saw a STUNNING Yamaha (think it was an 1100) with a black/purple paint job that could only bring one response :drool: :drool: :drool: For a brief moment I thought of becoming a bike thief :roll: , but then realized the owner was standing right there holding a large air-tool (the bike was parked outside a garage) and thought better of the idea :neener:
Ride safe

Old 05-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #10
molly

Will you be returning to this area next year? What are u studying? Sounds like a great place to be, except for the apartment. I am a country girl....LOL!