Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-06-2008, 05:10 PM   #11
LilNinja77

I intend to move back to the southeast VA or northeast NC area more than likely.....though at the moment I don't even know if I'll be here the full year, my knees are acting up on me again. FYI my knees suck , I had surgery on the left last August and am already anticipating having to get the right worked on as well....it's acting the same way the left one did before it got REALLY painful. I'm attending BRSMY (blue ridge school of massage and yoga), for clinical massage and shiatsu, but if my knees don't stop hurting there's no way I'll be able to continue attending right now. Despite what many people would think, properly done body-work is quite strenuous to the practitioner.....and bad knees aren't exactly helping. I completely agree about "except for the apartment"......I grew up on a farm and that's where I should be damnit! Eh, gotta run, almost time to leave for class.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #12
molly

My, how interesting....except for the bad knees, of course. I am very sorry about that, and hope you feel better soon. I am in Northeast NC. Which part are you moving to? We are about an hour from the coast.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #13
LilNinja77

Ok, just got back from class. Luckily the knees didn't act-up tonight and things were fun :2tup: , ummm, if I move back to VA it'll probably be in the Suffolk/Holland area (where I'm from), or in NC probably somewhere between Hatteras and the Crystal Coast depending on a few things.
Ride safe

Old 05-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #14
molly

WOW! I am familiar with that area. It's really expensive to live there. I wanted to at one time, but realized quickly i could not afford it.
Glad your knees are doing better, and hope they stay that way. Would be interested to know when you move back this way, as perhaps you could join me, my husband, and/or some of our friends for a ride. The more the merrier!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #15
LilNinja77

Yes, it can be expensive.....hence why I said depending on a few things. Actually, if you look at the prices once you get about 20-30 minutes inland, the price usually drops considerably; so hopefully things will work out
Ride safe

Old 05-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #16
molly

dh and i are about an hour inland. lemme know when you get back this way!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #17
LilNinja77

Will do, riding with other 250's is always a fun time :2tup: ........or who knows, perhaps I'll add another bike to the stable and we can go cruising together with that XL1200 of yours Actually I just got another bike.....pedal-powered though. Since my ninja is about 6 hours away and I'm in need of the exercise (about 20 lbs. overweight), I figured why the hell not. Outfitted with an 8 gallon action-packer (just like my ninja), grocery runs are on the schedule! Back when I was going through physical therapy after my knee surgery, biking was one of the biggest things that helped me out, so I'm hoping things will strengthen up a bit in there and perhaps my knee will get a little stronger as well.

Ride safe

Old 05-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #18
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Pretty sweet bike. What is that? Looks like a KHS
Old 05-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #19
LilNinja77

I looked it up and it does look a lot like a KHS green, doesn't it? But no, I didn't know nearly enough about the better-quality companies to feel comfortable investing major $$$ in a bicycle, so I took the cheap and easy route.......
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=9207802
I'm no hardcore biker or anything, it's just a grocery-getter and leisure bike for now. If I find it too addicting I'll then proceed with buying a more custom fit bike that'll last a long time.
Ride safe

Old 05-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #20
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

That's a Walmart bike?!? Not too bad. I didn't know Wally made a bike with fenders and such that was actually useful for something.
I don't ride newer high end bikes but I do appreciate the better quality components that you find at bike shops. The frames from Wal-mart are about the same as ones you find elsewhere, just a bit heavier.

Anyway, nice pick up.

Keep those legs moving and you may soon find that you spend more time on the bicycle than the motrocycle. I know I did last year.