Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 01-27-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
BULLDOG

newb

hey all jus thought i'd say hi. i rode for about a yr (10 yrs ago)til i had to gt a truck.i had a rebel,sold it and now i want a gz2509always been a zuki fan),the rebel was kinda cramped and i'm only 5'5,howz the zuki on room?im also maybe considering a virago...any advice on pros and cons of both? btw nice to meet eveyone.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Edy

Hi BULLDOG
Dupo has put up some links on the reviews of 4 entry level bikes in "GZ links you cant live without" under the "General" Forum. They might be able to help you out.
I'm only about 5'6 myself, and the hasn't been buch of an issue about tehe room on the bike, only on the longer rides and that's just because your not moving too much.
Good luck with the search
Old 01-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
BULLDOG

ty for tip

Old 01-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
Ofnoan

Hi Bulldog,

I'm about 5.7 with kinda short arms and legs and feel absolutely comfortable riding GZ250. Rode Honda CB250 during my initial training - it is also nice, but puts more weight on your arms. Feel that GZ250 also gives more room for legs, allows more natural posture. The only drawback is awkward rear brake pedal, wrong angle I think, need special effort to press it...
Other than that GZ250 is an ultimate light weight cruiser. I enjoy every minute riding it
Old 01-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
BULLDOG

wat about the virago anyone have any time on one of those (for comparison).OH btw ty guys for replying i appreciate it
:2tup:

Old 01-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #6
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
When i was looking to upgrade to a bigger bike i had checked out a virago. Forget the year, had to be late 90s or so but i'll tell you what it felt like being on a sportster modeled after a rebel lol.

It felt very cramped towards the front of it. Especially the handlebars and the slimness of the tank. Also felt very top heavy to me and 'short' length wise (wheelbase). Could have been just the year but i sure didnt like it.

I also read about viragos having some issue with chrome or the gold chrome peeling off them.

I was to look at one to buy at a great price, but after reading that and sitting on that one dudes virago i passed.

Then again, to each his own. What i dont like, someone else does.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #7
BULLDOG

thanx for the info,thats wat i that .it seems to me that the frame looks more v shaped so that the bars r closer to u.the 2007 virago pic sure looks nice on there website.suzuki shud do a better job of showing wat there bikes look like.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #8
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Well if they showed them off too much, you wouldnt be inclined to go to the dealership to check it out in person

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #9
davidc83

Hey bulldog,
I just bought a gz250 3 weeks ago and having a blast when i can. Wouldnt you know, we have one of the warmest winters on record, I buy the thing, and it turns winter the next day. But 3 times now I have put on my snow mobile suit, gloves and helmet and with it in the 30's degrees, went riding for about an hour each time. I am 5'11", 180lbs and it is not cramped at all. Seat feels nice also. The gz250 is a nice little bike, look under "my new baby" in the introduce yourself section and you can see mine. later.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #10
davidc83

actually, my pictures are under the member pics section, not the introduce yourself section.