Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-20-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
warlock2008

first bike: Marauder GZ250

Hello all,

I am from Bucharest, Romania

I just finished the moto driving school. I have a driving licence for cars, but mot for moto. and here the law said that we have to take it from "zero": moto driving lessons, drivind rules, psih. test. the exams consists in a 26 questions (we must anwer correct to 22) a moto driving skill test. Thats a ****.
Next week i will have this test.

I found a Suzuki Marauder GZ250, 2007, with only 2300km (~1400 miles). Now sits in front of the house and waits for me. :sad: .

Pictures of my marauder: here and here

Now i'm looking to buy motor oil and oil filter and something to clean/grease the chain. Then i will clear the air filter and i think it is ready to go!

Later i will share some of my riding experience.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
Littlethumper

WELCOME FROM WISCONSIN!

Well,hello to you too warlock

I just passed my mtc written test consist of 27 question here in WISCONSIN. Got 25 answer right but that is my
3rd take :sad: when i passed it. I did'nt read the whole moto handbook thats why. So the lady told me which pages i have to review
that i got the wrong answer and i read all of it 'til i went for my 3rd one and i luckily passed the test! Now, i'm going to my MTC tonight,20th and 22nd,27th,29th and the Safety Driving Test will be on the 5th of June.
Lucky you finished the driving school first...well Good luck to you!!!

Thats a nice bike too as soon as you get it going and cleaned :2tup:

Drive safe.........
Old 05-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
turbo chicken

Welcome and i think with the matainence that your planning is covered somewhere in the forum in General Mantaince ...

enjoy your stay

Old 05-20-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Congrats Warlock. You have a good system for licensing. You have to earn your license, that can't be a bad thing. Having basic road skills before hitting the open road are to your advantage. You will be safer and enjoy the ride more.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
warlock2008

f*** good?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Congrats Warlock. You have a good system for licensing. You have to earn your license, that can't be a bad thing. Having basic road skills before hitting the open road are to your advantage. You will be safer and enjoy the ride more.
well, i just finished the papers (police record, medical tests, taxes, moto school signatures) and I went to police office to hand out this papers and get scheduled for theoretical test and practical test.

guess what: f*** romanian system! I was scheduled on 23 of June (4 weeks for now on).. 4 weeks?!?! i am very very pissed off! I'll try to use some influence (from my work) to re-schedule this exam. This is how our system "works".

I am :sad: because i cannot ride my bike... my gz250 ... :chop:

Old 05-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #6
5th_bike

Warlock, beautiful bike and welcome to the forum !

Yes the bureaucracy (?) in Romania seems left over from communist times, when you needed a permit to buy a bicycle or to travel to another town, I understand.

Well last year when I signed up for the MSF class, I had to wait 5 weeks because all classes four weeks ahead were full. Other country, other rules, same wait.

After that, went four times to the motor vehicle administration office, one time for my license (to add an "M" to it) and three times to get my bike registered, because of some papers missing... every time it's about one hour of waiting.

Well I hope your exam will go well and you will be riding soon !

PS In the meantime, do download the maintenance manual from this forum, it's very useful and you will get to know your bike. Also read the manual with your bike, and you will find that to clean the chain, use kerosene, and to lube it, use motor oil.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Re: f*** good?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
well, i just finished the papers (police record, medical tests, taxes, moto school signatures) and I went to police office to hand out this papers and get scheduled for theoretical test and practical test.

guess what: f*** romanian system! I was scheduled on 23 of June (4 weeks for now on).. 4 weeks?!?! i am very very pissed off! I'll try to use some influence (from my work) to re-schedule this exam. This is how our system "works".

I am :sad: because i cannot ride my bike... my gz250 ... :chop:
Warlock, sorry to hear about the delay. Please don't think your Romanian system is a one of a kind. We get a lot of the same thing here but it is just prettier looking and as time consuming. Lynda had to wait 4 or 5 weeks for a road test because of a backlog of new riders trying for their license. This is caused by lack of training and people returning to try again after failing the test. The wait will be worth it. Cool your heels until then.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #8
warlock2008

yuppie yeee

today i just passed the theoretical test an practical one!

tomorrow morning i have to go (&pay a small tax) to change my driving license to add the moto category. I hope that in the afternoon to take a small ride near my location.

Bucharest is a very-very crowded town, with too many cars. the roads were designed long time ago (in the Ceausescu "era"). The drivers sometimes are like "cows"....
I have to gain a little courage. First i will learn to drive my bike (taking corners, breaking, signaling, mirrors) in an "open space".

Some (other) pictures of my GZ250 Suzuki Marauder will arrive later.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #9
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Congrats warlock! It would be great to have some pics of your area too. Riding is a great way to see your home from a new perspective.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #10
warlock2008

wooh .. today i just took the first ride to work and back home, after 3 days moving around the blocks.
it was exhausting. this is the first ride in traffic. but nice, afterwords, with no problem of any kind, waiting behind the cars ... (i also drive with the car in the traffic for 3 years, and this was a plus for knowing the traffic, the people reaction, etc.. )