Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #41
RamAir

Re: Motor Overhaul (summer project)

At WW No earlier when blaine said it cuts the rpm by half I thought he had a lowpro tire!

But with a 140/90-15 its a bit larger! Plus the 16T so I would say his RPM are what 450 or even 500 less on the highways?

I wonder what 5th feels like around town!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #42
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir
At WW No earlier when blaine said it cuts the rpm by half I thought he had a lowpro tire!

But with a 140/90-15 its a bit larger! Plus the 16T so I would say his RPM are what 450 or even 500 less on the highways?

Not good I would think. You would not have any real power to get out of the way of trouble. 3rd and 4th might be kinda nice though.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #43
blaine

3rd & 4th was excellent around town.Forget 5th.I wish I could change the gearing so easily on my 454,but it's belt drive.It comes with a 140/90-15 tire.I can go up to a 150/90-15.It don't help that it is basically a sport bike engine in a cruiser frame.At 60 mph it's revving right around 5500 rpm.But that's the nature of the beast.These little engines love to rev.
:2tup:

Old 04-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #44
RamAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Quote:

Not good I would think. You would not have any real power to get out of the way of trouble. 3rd and 4th might be kinda nice though.
When no one is around me and I am on flats or even a little bit of a down hill (simply put in a postion that will not put stress on the motor0 I almost always am in top gear as long as the revs are high enough that the motor is not shaking or sputtering. That way you get the best MPG IMO anyway. :rawk:
Old 05-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #45
spicciani

I hope you document this throughly , sounds like a great project

Old 05-29-2011, 03:14 AM   #46
RamAir

Oh yes pictures and everything.

However I have not even been able to get my bike on the road yet due to lac of funds! Having expencive toys and needing new tires and all really sucks! Boooo.

Also I have not posted on here in a while but this is not just a reply post its also a "I am still here and this is still on" just barepaw with me here poeple it will atke some time .
Old 05-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #47
geezer

if your using brand new pisto pin bearings i would go for it. i wanted to warn y about port and polishing. i belive that its bad for the carb'd vehicle due to reduced tubulance in the intake track. the air and fule wont full y mix. if i wer you i would do some research maybe go see a machinest and ask ther opinion
Old 05-30-2011, 04:34 AM   #48
RamAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer
if your using brand new pisto pin bearings i would go for it. i wanted to warn y about port and polishing. i belive that its bad for the carb'd vehicle due to reduced tubulance in the intake track. the air and fule wont full y mix. if i wer you i would do some research maybe go see a machinest and ask ther opinion

Thank you very much geezer I really do appreshiate it! I do not minde anyone chimeing in with anything they think might be helpful on this or any build. The worst you could do is post something wrong, I will be checking everything I wanna do with pros!

I was considering one of two things for what your say geezer and belive you me I have considered that cuz even on PFI its the same thing, pretty much only derect injection is where it would help when PP, or forced induction.
I would love to source out a 08 or 06 head cuz thats when they made the domechanges to get one more MPG outta the bike, (they ran hotter but since I ahve the oil cooler I fig. no big right) but anywho having two heads and doing the PP myself on one head while still riding the bike. So no cost or downtime for me and then I just switch them, and if its not that great I can always go back and switch them again.

Two! I was gonna fab up a 'ramair' intake system on the bike and use those stu[ed little turbonotics things that they say inproves HP and MPG. Thats not why I would want one I want one to make the air swire around in my intake tubing cuz once I PP everything smooth I need something to help mix gas and air.

Let me know what ya think :2tup:
Old 05-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #49
blaine

Quote:
I would love to source out a 08 or 06 head cuz thats when they made the domechanges to get one more MPG outta the bike, :2tup:
They came out with the"swirl combustion" head in the 04 model year.
:biggrin:

Old 05-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #50
geezer

wow dude you got it at all angles :2tup: still bottom line i would go see a performance engine builder and see. i happen to kno wthat those swerl things are a scam, they do nothing but act as a restriction. and once the so called "mixed air hits the carb it will go back to where it was and you still wont get the swerl you need for proper cumbustion. i actually went to school for 2 years on automotive and thats where i learned this stuff. if i were you i would make the intake and exhaust ports bigger, gasket match and 3 or if possible 5 angle valve job and thats where you will find more power. as i said if you think im full of it go see that engine builder.

someday ill have a GZ300 i cant wait to i plan on leaving the bke stock looking but getting new emblems made that say gz 300 instead of 250 that would be pretty cool