Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 01-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #11
music man

Re: Full vs three quarter

Dude, Just WATCHING Fear and loathing in Las Vegas will Fry your brain :popcorn: :bong: :bong: :bong:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

[quote=Easy Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "dan_":3hj2jdyz
What's with this law? Can you not wear a full face? Or is this just you rebeling because they make you wear a helmet?
IIRC, he wears "none of the above" most of the time.....as I do for short trips around town.

P.S. Does your brain run in OVERDRIVE all the time ?? :biggrin:[/quote:3hj2jdyz]

Right. I should have stated that i usually do not wear a helmet .. unless its the non DOT german helmet to keep the sun off my face and back of my neck.

The halfie is what i wear in Jersey because i must have a DOT helmet. I only resort to the full face in extreme cold or rain. And really, i have figured out a way to use neoprene mask and knit hat etc .. to keep warmer, so the full face was kinda mute this winter because of that.

---------------------

I must add though, i am STILL floored that PA dropped their helmet law a few years ago. This coming from one of the most aggressive seat belt law abiding states that i know of (besides nazi new jersey). "hey we'll set up seatbelt checkpoints and ticket your ass for not being buckled in ... but have at it on your motorcycle."

Big signs posted everywhere about driving SAFE and being buckled in 'because its our LAW'. While that biker passes you doing 65 with no helmet on lol. What a f'd up message PA sends to people. Don't get me wrong, i DO like to have a choice .. but you cant enforce safety in one vehicle and not another type. If you have a choice to ride w/o a helmet (which crashing would do 1000x more damage to you than being in a car) then you should have a choice to belt up or not without being ticketed $50.

ps to pa - all that ticket money and our roads still have pot holes - maybe thats why we need our seatbelts, so we don't fly out of our seats soaring over those PA craters on the roads. :skeptical:

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #13
music man

Hey Dupo, Arkansas is another one of those states, wear your seatbelt or the Gestapo will lock you up, but crack your head like an egg on the pavement on your motorcycle, we don't give a shit.

Here is the STUPIDEST part though, IF you are 21 and older you don't have to wear a helmet, 18-20 you do, its like the underage Drinking law, when you turn 18 you are an adult, we expect you to be responsible for yourself, to fight for your country if you are needed, but you are not responsible enough to chose whether or not to drink, or to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.

I actually had a friend of mine that that happened to once. When he was 18 he joined the National Guard, before he ever even got out of AIT school they sent him a notice telling him his unit that he wasn't even officially in yet was going to Iraq (the first time, DESERT STORM). He stayed there for about 6-7 months, when he got back, he was still only 19, he wanted to go out and celebrate, so we go to the liquor store (He wore his Dress Uniform thinking that he surely wouldn't get carded like that right, WRONG They wouldn't let him buy a damn thing.

Some freedom he was risking his life for huh??? Just some food for thought. By the way, I am in no way UN-American, I just think that some of our policies are thought up by crack-heads.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Hey Dupo, Arkansas is another one of those states, wear your seatbelt or the Gestapo will lock you up, but crack your head like an egg on the pavement on your motorcycle, we don't give a shit.

Here is the STUPIDEST part though, IF you are 21 and older you don't have to wear a helmet, 18-20 you do, its like the underage Drinking law, when you turn 18 you are an adult, we expect you to be responsible for yourself, to fight for your country if you are needed, but you are not responsible enough to chose whether or not to drink, or to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.

I actually had a friend of mine that that happened to once. When he was 18 he joined the National Guard, before he ever even got out of AIT school they sent him a notice telling him his unit that he wasn't even officially in yet was going to Iraq (the first time, DESERT STORM). He stayed there for about 6-7 months, when he got back, he was still only 19, he wanted to go out and celebrate, so we go to the liquor store (He wore his Dress Uniform thinking that he surely wouldn't get carded like that right, WRONG They wouldn't let him buy a damn thing.

Some freedom he was risking his life for huh??? Just some food for thought. By the way, I am in no way UN-American, I just think that some of our policies are thought up by crack-heads.
19 in a uniform and been to the sandbox. I'll buy him a drink. If the powers that be have deemed this young man old enough to take a bullet or worse then he should be old enough to have a drink. "No you can't drink but thanks for your service". Sounds kind of odd to me.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #15
Water Warrior 2

Back to the subject. Helmets and stuff. The type of helmet and whether you wear one at all is determined by the amount of risk you are willing to accept while riding. We both wear full face helmets, Lynda's is a modular, and both of us are comfy doing so. Injuries to the face occur 27 % of the time in bike related mishaps.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #16
dan_

Send a message via AIM to dan_

Quote:
Back to the subject. Helmets and stuff. The type of helmet and whether you wear one at all is determined by the amount of risk you are willing to accept while riding. We both wear full face helmets, Lynda's is a modular, and both of us are comfy doing so. Injuries to the face occur 27 % of the time in bike related mishaps.
See I wear a full face helmet cause i have this beautiful face to protect i mean i'm just freakin' gorgeous. :whistle:
Old 01-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #17
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
I agree with that assessment, and I wanted so bad to get a full face when I upgraded my helmet, but Like I said, I felt like giving up the protection of the chin guard part of a full face was better than giving up unrestricted vision.

I may regret that when I have an accident one of these days, but at least I will see it coming. :retard:
Old 01-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_
See I wear a full face helmet cause i have this beautiful face to protect i mean i'm just freakin' gorgeous. :whistle:
Gorgeous in the mind of the freakin' !!! :poke2: :biggrin:
Old 01-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #19
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_
:facepalm:
Old 01-26-2009, 12:23 AM   #20
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Yep, its confirmed ... he is what he says he is ...

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook