Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 09-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #31
music man

Re: Ear plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead
I'm looking for earplug headphones to wear under my helmet so I can listen to the radio. The music should cancel any wind noise. /gotta have tunes!!!

This is what I use http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/inkd-p-1 ... 02t2ar0on1. if you have a FYE store nearby, they have them on sale pretty much all the time, they are usually 10-15 bucks, and they sound very good, and block out pretty much all the wind noise even when you are not listening to music. :rawk:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #32
bonehead

Thanks MM.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #33
music man

Quote:
Thanks MM.

If you haven't listened to music while riding your bike yet be warned, it is addictive, and you will never be able to go back to riding without it. :rawk:

Old 09-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #34
bonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Quote:
Thanks MM.

If you haven't listened to music while riding your bike yet be warned, it is addictive, and you will never be able to go back to riding without it. :rawk:
That's why I want tunes. I used to have it on my 78 honda 750 back in the early 80's. Cruzin' and tunes, the only way to go! :2tup:
Old 09-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #35
mrlmd1

You don't get distracted with the music so you can't focus on the ride?
If you listen to music, can you hear anything else around you?
Sounds a little dangerous to me.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #36
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1

I don't get distracted, I listen to music pretty much 24/7 anyways so it is just normal to me. I have been riding like that pretty much since I got the GZ roughly 3 years ago, with no real problems. You do have to be careful how loud you have it turned up, because just like in your car you can get carried away with it and not be able to hear a damn thing, so you have to be mindful of the fact that you can't just "Jam out" like you do in your car.

And also I will add that some people just aren't cut out to do two things at once, like listen to music and ride a motorcycle, or talk on the phone while they drive their car, and that is fine, you have to know your limitations.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #37
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1

I don't get distracted, I listen to music pretty much 24/7 anyways so it is just normal to me. I have been riding like that pretty much since I got the GZ roughly 3 years ago, with no real problems. You do have to be careful how loud you have it turned up, because just like in your car you can get carried away with it and not be able to hear a damn thing, so you have to be mindful of the fact that you can't just "Jam out" like you do in your car.

And also I will add that some people just aren't cut out to do two things at once, like listen to music and ride a motorcycle, or talk on the phone while they drive their car, and that is fine, you have to know your limitations.
haha some people cant. i can drive a car, eat a sandwich, drink my soda, talk on the cell phone,smoke a cigarett mess with the radio and mess around with the girl in the passenger seat all at the same time hahah.. wel maby not quite that much but i can multi task and drive just fine. i did it all the time when i was younger. now i prefer not to, just in case.