Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 11-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
bwader

The Elio

https://www.eliomotors.com/gallery/#photos

This new 3 wheeler I'd love to get if it does come out. Its one of those things if its too good to be true it probably it. But if it comes out I'll be buying one for the gas mileage, heat/ A/C and safety.

On the website there are pictures of the new engine they came up with other than the Geo metro engine they first thought of using for it.

But nothing compares to riding a motorcycle than being on 2 wheels.

One interesting thing I read on the Support tab, was that the engine uses 2 tappets one for use during city driving and the other for highway driving.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Looks too good to be true. I honestly can't see the suggested price, but if they can make it happen then it is all good. It would make a lot of sense to long distance commuters who would be able to save their family car for the family. The savings on the family car and added life span would easily justify the cost of the runabout.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
bwader

Yes, so far it has too many tall claims. They keep saying its half as wide as a car and half the weight and aerodynamics. That is the reason why it "can" be able to get 84mpg on highway and 49mpg city and cost only $6,800 USD before taxes,title,shipping fees and insurance. So it will likely cost more like $8,000.

They boast so much crap including A/c and heat although it is manual steering, no power steering. That helps keep the cost down with no power steering pump and pulley in the engine.

There should be a jack, lug wrench iron, and spare tire. But how many motorcycles come with a spare tire anyway. Just a thought, as the vehicle will attract more than just motorcycle riders.

Better have AAA or a good towing plan

Login or Register to Remove Ads