Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 09-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
DARLady

My new ride

Hello,

Introduced myself yesterday. Here is a picture of Icer. Can't wait to ride again.
Donna

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
mole2

Re: My new ride

Very nice ride you have there. The only things I'd add are a set of saddlebags and a set of engine bars. Don't get the Suzuki engine bars as they are for looks and won't protect the bike nor keep it off your leg if you should go over.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Mercutio57

Nice ride. If you do go for a crashbar, check out the one made by MC Enterprises. It goes on easily enough, looks good, and is functional.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
DARLady

Thanks for the update on a crashbar. That is going to be my first upgrade and I have already explored the MC Enterprises website. I want to purchase a small bag to attach to the sissy bar and will be looking at the Tourmaster brand. My husband has saddlebags on his bike, so I just use those for now as we are riding together until I am more comfortable with this entire wonderful riding journey. Maybe I'll ask for bike accessories for Christmas presents- sure beats a new sweater. =)

Would welcome suggestions for a good website to purchase custom license plate frames, especially prior Army service. Anyone out there prior Army Security Agency stationed at Field Station Augsburg in the 70's?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARLady
Thanks for the update on a crashbar. That is going to be my first upgrade
:plus1: Glad to hear that. I wouldn't ride ANY bike without one. Certainly saved my leg when the bike went down last year. :2tup:

Old 10-05-2010, 12:20 AM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Hi Donna. MC Enterprises makes a good crash bar. Lynda has them on her Suzuki M-50 and they are well made and fit great. If MC make bars for the GZ you can't go wrong. Lynda's first bike was a GZ and was a fantastic bike. The factory crash bars were for decoration only and protected well by the rest of the bike. Pretty backwards really.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
Mercutio57

I recently put a Fox Creek Leather (made in the USA!) tool bag on my sissy bar (also MC Enterprises, also made in the USA!). It's designed to mount on the fork on a big hawg, but on the little GZ looks perfect where I have it. As for custom plates, there are plenty of place online that will make them up for you. Former Air Force Security Police here, also 1970s vintage!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #8
Mercutio57

P.S. That USAF service was in Germany (then West Germany) as well. Not near Augsburg, though.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARLady
Thanks for the update on a crashbar. That is going to be my first upgrade and I have already explored the MC Enterprises website. I want to purchase a small bag to attach to the sissy bar and will be looking at the Tourmaster brand. My husband has saddlebags on his bike, so I just use those for now as we are riding together until I am more comfortable with this entire wonderful riding journey. Maybe I'll ask for bike accessories for Christmas presents- sure beats a new sweater. =)

Would welcome suggestions for a good website to purchase custom license plate frames, especially prior Army service. Anyone out there prior Army Security Agency stationed at Field Station Augsburg in the 70's?
If MC Enterprises doesn't have a bar for the Geezer then Barons will. I have a Barons bar on my V-Star and it's one tough bar.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #10
Mercutio57

MC Enterprises definitely has a bar for the GZ 250. Several of us on this site have them.