Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 01-06-2007, 11:13 PM   #1
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
The inevitable question

So, how long do you plan on keeping your GZ?

I figured i would have mine about 2 years (1yr to use it to learn everything i could and 1yr to just enjoy it until i got a bigger bike) .... which turned out to be only 5 months before deciding that i needed to upgrade to something bigger.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-07-2007, 05:39 AM   #2
Badbob

For me years didn't didn't make much sense. I planned for miles. I could keep it a year and leave it in the garage the entire time.

My original plan was to ride 10,000 miles and reevaluate. I'm well past 10,000 in less than a year. I considered learning to ride and gaining experience to be my primary goals. Although I do not consider my self an expert (yet ) my riding skills now exceed the capabilities of the GZ250.

I'm not planning to get rid of it any time soon.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:06 AM   #3
Bill

Lois had no plans to move to a different bike. The GZ250 fit her perfectly and was just the right size for her intentions (ride to work and take short trips for fun). So far these have been to St. Augustine, Gainsville area and Fernandina Beach with plans to Ocala and Orlando. However she has recently been talking about taking longer trips in the next couple of years like NC and Maryland. If she is comfortable on the C50 once I lower it I may give her that bike and get another for myself again. I would feel better if she was on a bigger and heavier bike for long trips but it will be her decision. Of course this is all subject to change. However the GZ250 will stay. It's just such a great bike and the economy is hard to beat. Besides it's paid off. :2tup:

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-07-2007, 07:32 AM   #4
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Lois had no plans to move to a different bike. The GZ250 fit her perfectly and was just the right size for her intentions (ride to work and take short trips for fun). So far these have been to St. Augustine, Gainsville area and Fernandina Beach with plans to Ocala and Orlando. However she has recently been talking about taking longer trips in the next couple of years like NC and Maryland. If she is comfortable on the C50 once I lower it I may give her that bike and get another for myself again. I would feel better if she was on a bigger and heavier bike for long trips but it will be her decision. Of course this is all subject to change. However the GZ250 will stay. It's just such a great bike and the economy is hard to beat. Besides it's paid off. :2tup:
Paid for is good. I can pay cash for a GZ250. :cool:

You can take long trips on a GZ250:
Alaska 05 Road Trip

My longest day trip was about 480 miles. Longest trip was about 700 miles.