Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 10-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #41
dannylightning

Re: Yamaha v-Star 650 Silverado edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
well you may not have said the word crap but that is basically what you are implying.
This is just a little bit ironic......since you have been on the OTHER side of someone taking an off-hand comment of yours and making WAY too much out of it in the past.

I think a lot of "us" need to loosen up a bit. :popcorn:
not sure what you are referring too exactly easy but im not making that big of a deal out of it, i don't think. im just speaking my mind, that's all.

if i do, did or have said any thing that offends some one or some one don't agree with what i said i hope they do speak their mind and tell me about it.

there is a difference between a disagreement and a fight and i cant see this turning in to any kind of fight any time soon.. just a few guys stating how they see things.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #42
burkbuilds

Different bikes for different purposes and for different people. I happen to find that the "cruiser" style comes closest to fitting my riding needs, my style preferences and my somewhat ailing body. If I were 20 something again and wanted to ride a bike that could handle better under high speed and I wanted to go really fast, I'd probably pick a sport bike, if I wanted to tour the country I'd probably get a Gold Wing. I don't think anybody was intentionally trying to insult anyone else or their choice of a ride in these posts, people were just trying to state what they found best or worst about different types of bikes for them and that's a good thing, that's what we want is for someone to say, "I had this type of bike and I liked (or didn't like) this aspect of it compared to this other type of bike". That doesn't mean everybody is gonna find that true for them. WW's wife rode a GZ most of the way across Canada and , if I understood correctly, didn't find the seat to be an issue for her comfort. How many of us do you think that would be true of, not many, but it was true for her. Same thing with a sport bike, some of us might find them to be more comfortable and significantly better handling than a cruiser is, but they aren't more comfortable for my old body and therefore probably wouldn't handle better for me because I can't fit and move the way I'd need to to make them handle the way they are capable with someone else. As for style and looks preference, well beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I ran into a young man on campus the other day riding a brand new Ninja Sport bike and I think his words were "this is my dream bike!", well, not mine, I think my dream bike would probably look like a cruiser not a sport bike but that's just me and my friend Max, well, his "dream bike" was this huge Honda Goldwing that he rode from Tennessee to Nova Scotia after he retired, somebody else is thinking "Harley Davidson" none of that means anybody is calling someone else's ride a piece of crap.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #43
Easy Rider

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
well you may not have said the word crap but that is basically what you are implying.
This is just a little bit ironic......since you have been on the OTHER side of someone taking an off-hand comment of yours and making WAY too much out of it in the past.

I think a lot of "us" need to loosen up a bit. :popcorn:
not sure what you are referring too exactly easy but im not making that big of a deal out of it, i don't think. im just speaking my mind, that's all.
Well, you may not have SAID you were mad about what he said but it sure SOUNDED LIKE IT.

I think your interpretation of what he said is WAY out in left field; I don't think "crap" was implied at all.

Like I said, we need to lighten up a bit and be careful about INTERPRETING others comments.
If you must comment, make it about what someone actually said; not about what you THINK he really meant. Please ?

Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #44
dhgeyer

Well, there's no sense arguing with some folks, and I'm not going to try. In case anyone wasn't aware of this, there is a huge variety in riding positions among different sport bikes, from extreme crotch rockets to fairly upright, almost standard bike ergos. There is also a difference between sport bikes, sport touring bikes, and touring bikes, although some models are kind of crossovers. Lumping them all together is just ignorance.

High performance (speed and cornering ability) can get a stupid, inexperienced, or careless rider killed. It can also save a competent rider's life if he/she is put in a bad situation by another driver. Bikes that handle better can evade collisions better. Food for thought for those with an open mind.

I have owned, ridden, and toured on cruisers, sport bikes, and sport touring bikes. Haven't had a full out touring rig yet. I've also read pretty extensively (lotsa books) on riding skills and touring techniques. I like all types of motorcycles, but I do know that some are better suited to some uses than others. I know this from my own experience, and from the collective experience of hundreds of riders I've read, talked to, and conversed with on dozens of forums like this one. If you've only ever owned one type of bike, you should consider obtaining more information before becoming too opinionated about other types. Not that I'm opinionated or anything......
Old 10-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #45
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
Not that I'm opinionated or anything......
Yes you are........no you aren't.......what?......where?.......Oh, just never mind !! :retard:

PS....incase you haven't noticed: On the Internet, experience seems to count for NOTHING and some folks try to insist that all opinions are created equal........which, of course, they aren't. :cool:

Old 10-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #46
dhgeyer

Quote:
PS....incase you haven't noticed: On the Internet, experience seems to count for NOTHING and some folks try to insist that all opinions are created equal........which, of course, they aren't. :cool:
Nah. D'ya think so?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #47
Water Warrior 2

It isn't what we ride but the fact that we do ride. I prefer a sit up and beg position. I can stand on the pegs when I want to and every bike I have owned was this way. That being said, Lynda's V-twin cruiser is a pretty decent fit and handles better than I thought it would. As for sporty type bikes there are so many and varied positions with seating and handle bar reach that I could probably find one I would enjoy riding. The Honda VFR would be a good candidate or a baby Ninja with it's wild 250 vertical twin.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #48
dannylightning

i read that statement again, not sure if i was in a bad mood or just woke up when i read it or what, but i guess i did make too much out of it. sorry
Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #49
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal

Looking at the Victory and Marauder pics, the seating position is much the same. Notice how on both bikes the ankles are directly under the wrists. In contrast, the Goldwing rider's ankles are well behind the wrists in more of the standard seating position.

When i rode a Goldwing, i was actually caught off guard by the seating position it has, I don't guess I had ever paid that much attention to them before, but I was expecting to be laid back like I was in a Lazy-Boy recliner or something, but it was totally different, and to be honest, quite comfortable in that seating position that it has.