Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 04-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #31
burkbuilds

Re: Well I did it.....'07 Honda VT600C Shadow Red

That is a realy nice looking ride! One of these days when I finally graduate from school I think that's about the size bike I'd like to have for some longer trips than my in town commutes. I really like the GZ for my daily ride, it's easy on fuel and I'm just trying to get back and forth with as little expense as possible. It does all that as well as anything out there, but I have driven it to Atlanta and back a couple of times and 250 miles is more than a little uncomfortable for my 210 lbs even with the extra 2" of foam I added when I re-did my seat. Plus, as you pointed out, that Honda has a little more top end room for highway traveling than the GZ. Anyway, I guess I'm a little envious of your new ride, but I hope you enjoy it a lot!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #32
dannylightning

What do you think of the bike so far. how does it ride on the highway and what is the top speed..

im looking at getting one of these or a sportster next summer. i want a small bike with plenty of power and a good top speed. i don't need something crazy fast.. just a bike i like the looks and has some get up and go and a good top speed. i would image that a 600 has plenty of power.

the gz is a great around town bike but i'm not sure i want to take it on the freeway.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #33
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
What do you think of the bike so far. how does it ride on the highway and what is the top speed..

im looking at getting one of these or a sportster next summer. i want a small bike with plenty of power and a good top speed. i don't need something crazy fast.. just a bike i like the looks and has some get up and go and a good top speed. i would image that a 600 has plenty of power.

the gz is a great around town bike but i'm not sure i want to take it on the freeway.

You are probably not going to WANT to go on the freeway with a 600 either, its just no fun no matter what size bike you are on, but at least on a 600cc up you COULD go freeway speed comfortably if you needed to.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #34
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Quote:

You are probably not going to WANT to go on the freeway with a 600 either, its just no fun no matter what size bike you are on, but at least on a 600cc up you COULD go freeway speed comfortably if you needed to.

you are right, i don't want to go on the freeway that much but i work night shift and the freeway is pretty empty at night.. most of my drive to work is in the country but i have a 10 min freeway drive and i would like to start riding a bike to work to save gas. so that wouldn't be so bad at all but i still don't want to take the gz on the freeway even when it is empty. i could go the long way and stay off the freeway but it is the LONG WAY with crap loads of stop lights. takes about a extra 20 min to get to work that way. and its already a half hour drive.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #35
Easy Rider

Quote:
I think it's gonna be great. Only had it 2 days and then left town for 2 weeks; won't be home again until this coming weekend.

Don't know top speed yet but it cruises at 70 very easily; not much "snap" left at that point though. I've heard others say you can squeeze 90 out of it but it takes a while to get there.

The gearing is TALL so gotta get used to a slightly different clutch feel; much like starting a stock GZ out in 2nd.
Handling is good but I took a turn too wide for the first time in about 20 years or so. Gotta pay a little closer attention on a bike that one is not used to. :shocked:

Old 04-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #36
Sarris

Leave a little "skid mark" did we?

:lol:
Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #37
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Leave a little "skid mark" did we?
It was more like: "HEY, WTF?"

(OK, well maybe just a little one!) :biggrin:
Old 04-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #38
dannylightning

I think i would like the long gearing. i hate shifting at twice to get up to 20 mph.. i tried to start out in second a few times but it feels like its kind of hard on the gz so i gave that idea up.