Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 08-20-2008, 01:32 AM   #1
Moedad

Got me a windshield and saddlebags/tailbag

I got a new Plexistar 2 windshield from Nat'l Cycle and won an eBay auction for a slightly used set of Cortech Sport saddlebags and a tail bag. Put the windshield on today during lunch and rode it home after work. Initial impressions: it blocks a lot of air (maybe too much - I was definitely hotter on my way home) and it adds a noise factor in two ways - engine noise seems louder and the air passing over the lip of the windshield is a bit loud. Plus the turbulence rocks my helmet a little. I adjusted the angle of the windshield a little (it had a bit more of a vertical angle than the fork rake. Now it matches) so we'll see how different it is on the way to work tomorrow. The bags look like they're going to work out nice, just need to get/make some supports to keep them away from the rear wheel. Pictures when I get a chance.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
Moedad

Re: Got me a windshield and saddlebags/tailbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
I adjusted the angle of the windshield a little (it had a bit more of a vertical angle than the fork rake. Now it matches) so we'll see how different it is on the way to work tomorrow.
Didn't really notice a difference in the noise and the helmet turbulence after the adjustment, but I DID notice that my face shield fogs up much more easily riding in the cooler morning air. Before it would just start to fog a little if I was at a light too long. Now it fogs even when I'm moving unless I'm going over 45. Opening the face shield one click makes it all better. Some more adjusting of the windshield might be in order. I'll try it like this for a while, then we'll see.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
Easy Rider

Re: Got me a windshield and saddlebags/tailbag

Quote:
Quote:
Some more adjusting of the windshield might be in order. I'll try it like this for a while, then we'll see.
You might want to consider raising it up a bit.....so that you get more air in around the headlight area.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
Moedad

Pics of windshield and bags

In case anybody wonders, I haven't gotten any bag supports under these bags yet. I was mostly experimenting with mounting methods.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:02 AM   #5
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
That look like some seriously nice luggage. Plan on doing any grocery shopping or anything?

Old 08-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
Moedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
That look like some seriously nice luggage. Plan on doing any grocery shopping or anything?
I want to take a road trip.