Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
jljowers

Starting Issues

My bike has been running well for the last few months until this morning. I get on to go to work, turn the ignition, engage clutch, press starter button, and................nothing. Well, not exactly nothing. The headlight came on and appeared to be at normal strength. This morning, when I tried to start it, the engine would "turn over" only once and then silence. I tried to start it a few more times and the same result. I made sure that the kill switch was not engaged. It is full of gas with the gas switch in the appropriate place. It just would not start. The weird thing is that when I walked outside this morning, I smelled gas. This may be totally unrelated (I think that it is odd though). When I got home this afternoon, I did a few more things. I changed the spark plug and even the fuse for the ignition. Now, the bike will continually turn over sometimes without actually starting up. Other attempts produced the same result as this morning. Engine turns over one time and then nothing. Any thought? Am I overlooking anything obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads