Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
RamAir

Need help Ran bike dri!!! OF OIL!

I do and dont know how this happened none the less I am more then man! I ride about 162km one way for scholl a day. I just started and I would like to know do higher rpm eat oil? I did not check my oil and noticed the bike was just a little oof shifting/power/noise. I thought let me check my oil level when I get home from school. I FORGOT! And my buddys and I were going to the local bike show about a 45min ride away. Myself and passenger weigh in about 370 so more then the bike. It was getting a lot louder on the way did not really have much power anyway we got there pretty ok. (I was driving it hard to keep up with my friend up hills and such). I check the oil NONE!!! I dont see anything on the sight glass even when leaning the bike way over even after weighting a bike then leaning it over. So we rode to a gas station and right before pulling in the engine cut out I ran the bike in (more like walked it in) put oil in it and my buddy got on my friends bike for the ride home. but when I opened to put oil in it was smoking out the hole and smelled bad (clutches burning). also it has a VERY LOUD clicking tapping noise now! I need a new engine!!! Its gone :skull: I can ride it but it gets only louder and I take the car to school but its a lot of gas. any ideas what does first on these bikes? O_o :??: O_o So I will NEED A NEW ENGINE! Hay anyone sellling one :2tup: ? I am not dieing it anymore cuz I dont wanna do anymore damage and I dont trust it if it leaves me some were.

Any ideas would be of much help, thanks guys!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
bonehead

Re: Need help Ran bike dri!!! OF OIL!

See how much a re-build is as compared to a new engine. Most rebuilds will include all of the rings, bearings, seals and they can see if anything else was damaged. Sorry for your bad luck!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
VTXorcist

Send a message via Yahoo to VTXorcist

I will never complain about my little GZ's problems again. Keep us in the loop as you work through this.

I did see an engine on eBay, by the way. Min bid is $500 though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-G ... ccessories

I could swear I saw one for under $300 a week or so ago, but maybe that auction ended.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
GZ250

Sorry for you - Lessons for others - Do not procastinate - Somethings cannot be put off.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
RamAir

Well my grandpa says it sounds like the valves are bent so I am gonna take it to a guy who knows better what he is doing and if that is true I might just get them to replace the top end of the motor. In a few days I will know way more I will let you guys know what he says and how it goes!

Oh ya DO OUR ENGINES BERN OIL? I DRIVE 1.5 HOURS TO 2 HOURS ONE WAY TO SCHOOL A DAY ON THE HIGHWAY WOULD THIS MAKE THE MOTOR EAT OIL?

Old 09-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
Moedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir
Oh ya DO OUR ENGINES BERN OIL? I DRIVE 1.5 HOURS TO 2 HOURS ONE WAY TO SCHOOL A DAY ON THE HIGHWAY WOULD THIS MAKE THE MOTOR EAT OIL?
Maybe a little, but not enough that a reasonably maintained bike would fail that way, unless you're running WFO all the time. How many miles are we talking from the last ime you added oil?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
New GZ250

Valves get bent from over revving not lack of oil. If it turns out to be bent valves that would be good news, if the engine is fried...
Good luck, hope your Grandpa is right, as I am one and I'm right most of the time. (At least my grandchildren think so)
:2tup:
Old 09-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #8
RamAir

LOL Thanks GZ 250 The first time and half way to school the second time I was going to school WOT all the way I was doing 120 to 140 on the highway (Downhills with tail wind) But when I saw how bad the fuel econamy was I stopped and the last day I was going 110 or 100 no more no less. I did an oil change 1553 miles/2500km since. I overfilled it a bit and it burned off the extra oil and checkt it once or twice after that and it was looking pretty much on the full line.

I do take first gear up to 40kph everynow and then. I like to run the bike pretty hard once in a while and get up to the speed limit as fast as possible and stay there.

But when I remeved the oil filler thingy I thought I smelled burning clutchs but I know they smell really really bad but this was a "thats not plesent smell" not a bad smell. And it had like steem or smoke coming out of it not a lot but like a light fogy mist. We will see.

What you guys think?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:14 AM   #9
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir
LOL Thanks GZ 250 The first time and half way to school the second time I was going to school WOT all the way I was doing 120 to 140 on the highway (Downhills with tail wind) But when I saw how bad the fuel econamy was I stopped and the last day I was going 110 or 100 no more no less. I did an oil change 1553 miles/2500km since. I overfilled it a bit and it burned off the extra oil and checkt it once or twice after that and it was looking pretty much on the full line.

I do take first gear up to 40kph everynow and then. I like to run the bike pretty hard once in a while and get up to the speed limit as fast as possible and stay there.

But when I remeved the oil filler thingy I thought I smelled burning clutchs but I know they smell really really bad but this was a "thats not plesent smell" not a bad smell. And it had like steem or smoke coming out of it not a lot but like a light fogy mist. We will see.

What you guys think?
Sounds like the best "fix" for you is a bigger, faster, bike! :whistle: :2tup:
Old 09-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #10
RamAir

Trust me if money was no problem I would have started wil a 650 or 800 but insurance per year is just crazy!!! It was about the same as my bike!!!!