Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 10-29-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
Peachy140

Rookie mistake

About 2 years ago, just after getting my GZ250 I was at work and riding from one office to another. I had only been in the job for about 6 months and had some work gear strapped to the sissi bar. I checked it before I headed off and determined it was well secured and low and behold, not even a minute down the road the strap loosened and I dropped my load on the road behind me.

In my panic I executed a controlled crash. I switched off the motor, leaned to my right and brought the bike down on its side causing it to skid a couple of meters. I ran over to where my gear was on the middle of the road and as I picked up my bike inspecting it for damages three things came to mind:

1. Why didnt I just pull over and stop and put the side stand on like any normal person?

2. I was very lucky that there was nothing coming up behind me (although I suspect that fear of something driving over my work gear was what caused me to panic in the first place).

3. The engine bar and saddle bag frame saved my bike from unnecessary damage.

Login or Register to Remove Ads