Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 09-14-2011, 02:02 AM   #11
clonak

Re: The Cold!

Hi,

sounds abit like my brother this weekend. Droped my RGV off at my mums so he can borrow it, gets his missus to drop him off so he can ride it home, comes inside in just a tshirt and thin cotton pants. Asked him if hes got a jumper or jacket, he said nah, I said youll get cold, shrugs his shoulders. Told him to ride up and down the street to get back into it as its been awhile for him, comes back "oh, damn its cold..." had to hunt all over the house to find an old jumper and jacket so he could ride home. Told him, wind proof jacket, jeans and gloves, if not better. been a few times Iv miss placed my gloves and thought "ah, she'll be right". hands are so cold they cant even bring the clutch in :S Got my gear sorted now though, getting faster at putting it all on too.
Its amazing what being car-less can do for you bike skills.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-14-2011, 03:32 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Re: The Cold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonak
Hi,

sounds abit like my brother this weekend. Droped my RGV off at my mums so he can borrow it, gets his missus to drop him off so he can ride it home, comes inside in just a tshirt and thin cotton pants. Asked him if hes got a jumper or jacket, he said nah, I said youll get cold, shrugs his shoulders. Told him to ride up and down the street to get back into it as its been awhile for him, comes back "oh, damn its cold..." had to hunt all over the house to find an old jumper and jacket so he could ride home. Told him, wind proof jacket, jeans and gloves, if not better. been a few times Iv miss placed my gloves and thought "ah, she'll be right". hands are so cold they cant even bring the clutch in :S Got my gear sorted now though, getting faster at putting it all on too.
Its amazing what being car-less can do for you bike skills.
When you learn from personal experience you don't soon forget. My first long distance multi-day trip was a real learning experience. I always(now) carry a rain suit and it has come in handy to cut the wind to help retain body heat. I found out that rain liners under riding pants and jackets are more trouble than I am willing to deal with even once a year.