Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 03-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #11
mr. softie

Re: long ride for the GZ?

The key for me was making the seating area effectively wider and longer by adding 1-1/2" of dense foam under the stock foam. A dense closed cell foam like a camping mat works well. I am good for all day rides now, whereas before my butt would be killing me after 20 minutes! There is a brief tutorial on here somewhere that outlines my seat mod. Well worth the effort if the seat is limiting your enjoyment of the ride. Plus I got rid of those damn buttons!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-07-2009, 03:36 AM   #12
deputydogg2763

Thank you so much for the input. :2tup: You guys are a great help! Now I know what to do to for a long trip. I will prob. be taking the trip within the next month and I will let you know how it goes. This is a great place to be if you own a GZ250. Thanks again! Ride safe, and Have fun! :cool:
Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #13
CMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Assuming your bike is in excellent working condition, you will likely give out before the GZ. Patrick Henry rode his bike 10,000 miles (to Alaska and back, from OK I think.) Clser to home, Busyweb rode his over 400 miles several times with no problems - one ride was through the Mojave.
Patrick's trip started in Nashville, Tn. to Calif then to Alaska and back to Tn. At least that was the write up of the story. I e mailed him and he stated he still rides the same bike [GZ250 ] that he took to Alaska. At the time of the e mail he had 37,000 + miles on the GZ, and his other bike was a Honda Rebel 250 [wifes]. CMS :2tup:

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #14
anruari

i ve done several 300 mile plus rides
and i m wrecked long before the bike is