Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 03-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
Kalel

what are good Bar Ends for my GZ250?

Hello guys... the forum looks very nice... It's been a long winter with lots of snow, and my GZ still rides smooth. ;-)

I want to change the bar ends of the GZ, ( just that not the grips ) and would like to know if you guys have a favorite... and that are as good as the stock ones for the vibration.

was thinking about something like this:
http://shop.the2wheels.com/CNC-Bar-E...?categoryId=-1

but I need to get the specs of the GZ to make sure they fit.. any good ones you can think of, let me know...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Generally, the factory bar ends are superior as far as vibration control goes to most anything aftermarket unless you got for the really snazzy stuff.

That being said, there isn't really a brand that is know for making THE WORLD'S BEST BAR ENDS... IN THE WORLD!

The ones that you are looking at it seem fine to me. Kind of neat looking. Just make sure you're looking at metric bar ends and 7/8" bars.

Last edited by jonathan180iq; 03-13-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
mainlinecoffee

Do the ones with big shiny spikes! Those things are awesome,I cut my hand open on a Chopper one time messing with it so it's prefect if you don't want strangers messing with stuff

Old 03-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Sharp pointy things on a bike sounds like a recipe for injury.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
Kalel

Agreed.. No sharp ends... :-)

Old 03-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #6
Kalel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq View Post
Generally, the factory bar ends are superior as far as vibration control goes to most anything aftermarket unless you got for the really snazzy stuff.

That being said, there isn't really a brand that is know for making THE WORLD'S BEST BAR ENDS... IN THE WORLD!

The ones that you are looking at it seem fine to me. Kind of neat looking. Just make sure you're looking at metric bar ends and 7/8" bars.
Hey, I have been looking around the forum to see a thread about bar ends removal and cant find it... I would like to have some pointers as I dont know why they just dont unscrew.. It looks like the long screw is twisted or something on both of them. First time trying to get them out, so I thought It was just unscrew and pull. Has this happened to you?

thanks
Old 03-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
Hey, I have been looking around the forum to see a thread about bar ends removal and cant find it... I would like to have some pointers as I dont know why they just dont unscrew.. It looks like the long screw is twisted or something on both of them. First time trying to get them out, so I thought It was just unscrew and pull. Has this happened to you?

thanks
DO NOT remove the long screw!!! You will be very angry at yourself and in a world of frustration. If you already have done so you have my sympathy. All you do is loosen the screw a couple turns so the bar end can be jiggled and pulled out of the bar as a complete unit. If you remove the screw completely there will be a bunch of parts left in the bar and are a bit*ch to get out. Pull the complete unit out and you will understand the simple design and function.
When re-installing bar ends be sure that the throttle side bar end is just a tad away from the throttle grip so as not to bind the throttle. A sticky throttle is a dangerous thing. It is not and never will be a poor man's cruise control.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #8
peanut

My sympathies too. I replaced a bar end, it was a confusing matter. The screw you see doesn't screw into the bike, it is a compression fitting. The more you screw in the more stress on a bit of rubber that keeps everything in place. And like WW said, if you remove the screw... I think there's an instructional on the site about that.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #9
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Worst case scenario, you can learn the bike all the way over on it's side and hope the plunger falls out. Otherwise you will have this elusive rattle in your handlebars for the rest of your life...

You can also put a stocking or something over the end of a vacuum cleaner and try and suck it out.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #10
Kalel

Thanks Water Warrior. I'll do it as soon as I get the new bar ends delivered. Kind of weird that the screw is twisted... Dont u think? Prolly past owner dropped the bike....