Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2020, 10:49 PM   #1
kboldin

New to Me, Carb Maybe More??

Long story shorter, I ‘m new to the GZ250, bought the bike several weeks ago and here’s what’s happened. The bike started in the previous owners driveway when I bought it, she said it wouldn’t stay running. I noticed right away it had a fuel leak, the carb bowl was not tightened down. Getting the bike home I pulled the carb, looked for anything else obvious, tightened the bowl back down I tried to start it. Fuel was leaking everywhere when it was switched to the PRI position. Did a little research and found that PRI is a constant flow and vacuum was needed for Run and Reserve. At this point I removed the carb, cleaned it, put in a rebuild kit and re-installed it. The bike still had sizable fuel leak on PRI but no leak on Run or Res. Did a little more research, read the manual (pictures are horrible by the way), reset the float to 13mm and reinstalled. The bike does not leak fuel anymore, but it won’t run either. It will start for about 3 seconds then shuts off, if I wait 30 seconds or so it will restart for another 3 seconds. I read the manual and looked at the parts phish but I’m not certain I have the correct set up. I’m hoping other can confirm as I trust NOTHING the previous owner has done. Does my float level look correct and are the jets in the correct orientation? I appreciate any advise you all might have, things I need to look for etc… Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200727_184438.jpg (92.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20200727_184456.jpg (93.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20200727_184504.jpg (87.4 KB, 16 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads