Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 06-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
markboy

Newbie from WA

So I started the MSF Novice course last fall and was seriously ill on the last day and could not complete the course, but I had the bug and have been looking at bikes all winter. Finally found a GZ250 that I really liked and figured it would get me through the year and through endorsement at which point I'll determine what bike will come next. I'm going to complete the MSF course this summer and have already been able to practice a lot of what I learned in the class to date. Been lurking in the forum for a bit here so I thought I'd post...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #2
birdmove

You don't have to go to a bigger motorcycle.Theres a gent at the yahoo group for the GZ250 that has more than 40,000 miles on his, and made a trip to Alaska on it. I did lots of touring with camping gear on a 350 dual sport Honda XL350.

just my .02 cents.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #3
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Well, depends on personal choice. I bought my GZ to learn on knowing for sure that i would get a bigger bike (i like v twin, loud agressive bikes). Just didn't think i would out grow the GZ as fast as i did. It was excellent to learn on, but just too small for me. I needed more power between my legs and something i could customize to my liking.

Then there are those that are totally content with the GZ and theres nothing wrong with that!!!

Welcome to the forum Mark ... sorry it took a little long to get you approved. I get about 3-9 new registers a day, mostly all spammers and sometimes its hard to figure out who is a spammer and who is a real person lol. That and i have been busy at home with yard work.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 06-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #4
markboy

No worries on the delay - It's great to hear that you keep the spammers away.

I'm in hurry to get something bigger, "better", louder, etc. I'm totally enjoying the time on the bike, putting the MSF fundamentals through the paces and trying out some of David Hough's advice from Proficient Motorcycling. A great read in my opinion, especially for a newbie like me.

Lots of posts to read through here as well which keeps me busy whne not on the road.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
markboy

I attended the MSF course this weekend and Passed! I have my card to take to the DOL on Tuesday (Not open on Monday). There was only one instructor with no assistant so the course sign-up was limited to 6. One person failed to show and another didn't have the balance to complete the course safely. So there were just the four of us and we got some good 1:1 coaching and moved through the exercises fairly quickly. I phsyced myself out on 'the box' u turn but otherwise did pretty well. I get a few thousand miles (or more) under my belt and will definitely be back for the experienced rider course.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
shmeel

howdy

Welcome,
I used to live in Kirkland and Bothell 10 yrs ago. Great place for riding, especially if you have a rain suit.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:57 PM   #7
markboy

LOL. It actually rained during the class but dried up just enough before the test. We were doing quick stops in the rain which was entertaing.