Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 10-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
kraznos

Cheap Cycle parts

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
blaine

Re: Cheap Cycle parts

How was it shipped?Maybe you can go after the delivery company. :??: It looks like it was damaged in transit.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
mrlmd1

If you bought that online with a credit card, contact the credit card company and you should not have to pay for it. They should deny payment to the vendor.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznos
They sent me a damaged battery, 73 bucks gone.
Like the other two responses, I think you have at least two other options to try before you give up.

Gotta say, too, that things like THIS are why I buy most of my parts locally.

Last battery I bought at the bike shop cost me only $10 more than that........and they installed it free. That might not be a big deal on the GZ but on my Shadow......I've owned the bike for near to two years now and have yet to even SEE the battery, much less figure out how to get it OUT.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
alanmcorcoran

Thanks for heads up Krasnos. FWIW I've bought a number of items from Bike Bandit and they all arrrived okay. I sort of got screwed on shipping charges on a windshield that I ordered from another company (they're on here somewhere) whose mounting holes were misdrilled, and whose packaging tore loose in the box arriving minus a few parts. They also had a "no return" policy, but "policies" are, if they conflict with the law, bullshit. If you take someone's money and then do not deliver what you promised, it's called fraud, no matter what your "policy" is. I had a chat with the owner and I got most of my money applied to a second windshield. For 200-300 bucks or whatever it was, it wasn't economically feasible for me to sue these guys, but I intimated that I could be more trouble than it was worth not to credit me with a return.

If you have a lot of time on your hands, you could start a Facebook group called "Cheap Cycle Parts Are a Bunch of Thieving Bastards" or something that more accurately captures your experience. That might get their attention.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
kraznos

Old 10-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
dentheman

Back when I used a credit card for on-line purchases, I had very good luck by just calling the credit card company and canceling the payment if I received something damaged and the seller didn't want to work with me. In fact, on the back of my credit card bills was a place I could fill in to cancel a payment, and blocks to check for 'didn't receive item', 'item not what was ordered', 'item damaged', etc. The CC company would send me a little form to fill in in my own words what happened, I always stated I contacted the seller but the seller was not cooperative. It could take up to 90 days to be credited back to my account, but it worked every time.

Now that I use a debit card I don't think it would be that easy.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
dentheman

I went to the cheap cycle parts site and read their return policy. I sounds like they are just a clearing house that passes your order on to some other seller who participates on their site.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
I went to the cheap cycle parts site and read their return policy. I sounds like they are just a clearing house that passes your order on to some other seller who participates on their site.
:plus1: On their site it states in part "We do not offer any warranties with respect to the products & services available through our site."I think you are probably sh#$ outta luck. You have to try and get warranty from original manufacturer.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
kraznos