Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
Badbob

Riding Again After Two Weeks Off

I had a project at work that was keeping me there late and did not get to ride to work for a while and Christmas shopping, bad weather, and working weekends the bike did not get out of the garage more tha two weeks. I rode yesterday and today. Sure is nice to get back in the saddle again.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Yea its been pretty cold up here which has been keeping me from riding. That and the kids with school and all ... things to do around the house .. rain ... Mine was parked for 2 weeks as well. Had ONE nice day this week @ 56 degrees so i took a ride and filled the tank. Took the long way back as i knew rain was coming again along with cold weather. Figured id get a few miles out of it before it sets for another week or two.

What stinks is...this has been a VERY mild winter so far for us. I know we are in for the nasty stuff soon, its only a matter of time.

Its January and we still have 40's and 50's. Its insane. Winter usually lasts till about April when spring starts kicking in. So maybe i'll get lucky this year and only have to deal with winter temps and snow for Feb/Mar. That would be nice.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
Badbob

Lots rain here. By Monday it will be three weeks and only riding two days. Tornado watch in in my area right now. 68 degrees and raining. I usually is much cooler this time of year here. Generally in the 30s to low 40s when I go to work in the morning clearing around mid morning. Prime riding weather for me. 50-60 and sunny with no wind is almost perfect.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
Bill

We've been riding quite a bit the last couple of weeks since we had some time off. Most of the days we had available to ride have been pretty good with only a few exceptions. Mainly we rode to St. Augustine or Fernandina Beach. I only got caught in the rain once this week for a ride to St. Augustine. Half way there it started raining and kept it up all the way back. There was no way it was going to let up the entire day. We're hoping the weather holds out for the next weekend since the 15th is a holiday for us. Might ride to Ocala to see some friends there.