Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
Water Warrior 2

New Helmet.

Seeing as how I tossed my HJC modular helmet after I sold the Vstrom I decided a new Helmet was in order for the day when I get the GL650 on the road.
Did a bunch of surfing online, ebay, different online suppliers and places I've dealt with over the years. webbikeworld is a tremendous help with their evaluations of various helmets and assorted gear. A big to them.
Being an old guy with a short memory and a great one for getting lost in Vancouver I decided to go to the one particular dealer I have been to before and have a very good chance of not getting lost. They advertise having a large selection of helmets. Oh good. Try on some modular helmets and then buy one online for less. Good plan. Wanna make God laugh? Make a plan...

So off I go and finally miss my first turn in Vancouver. To make a long story a little shorter I drove and drove until It was time to reverse direction. Made a left, drove some more, then another left. Totally lost by now. Keep driving WW. It won't be dark for hours. Then I spotted a Yamaha dealer sign. Sure why not drop in. See what they have.
Low end stuff, high end stuff and really high end stuff.
Sure enough they had a helmet I was familiar with. A year after I got my first modular helmet I tried on a Shoei Multitech modular. Fit like a glove it did. Or should I say a second scalp? Perfect or near perfect for my head shape. Tried one on today, same fit, beautiful finish and of course a highly rated helmet by many. THEN I looked at the price tag. $606.00 plus tax on top of that. Sweet young thing says these are on sale. Could not pass up the price. OTD price was $420.00. Still more than I intended on spending but it is a quality product and it is oh so comfortable. Just a bit snug which will pass after a few rides. The entire interior of the helmet hold my head, not just certain portions of the liner.
I will likely do a write up after I have done some actual riding and assess the helmet again.

Login or Register to Remove Ads