Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #7
dhgeyer

Re: My Next Ride? Probably Not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
I suppose it's some form of ignorant bigotry on my part but I can't take the more rotund members of Chicago's Finest very seriously when I see them carting their pendulous manboobs around astride The Next Big Thing. I'm not sure I could outrun one though - I've seen the police versions move at a pretty good clip.
I think I share your ignorant bigotry. Cops don't ride Segways anywhere in NH that I'm aware of. They do have bicycle patrols in all the cities and a lot of the larger towns, like where I live. We also don't have any seriously obese cops, and the bike patrol guys are the younger ones and are in good shape.

I'm a mall walker, and get to the Mall of New Hampshire almost every day. They have a Segway for the security people. It's funny, though. I've noticed that when they hire a new security guard, I'll see him/her on the Segway a lot for a week or two, and then they're mostly on foot after that. I suspect the novelty wears off after a while, and it's less hassle to walk.