Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 09-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
DrSpeed

new to gz nnot bikes

So after a few years of not having me a motorcicle (yes motor-sykle) i picked up a new 09 gz250 the 2 mile ride how hasnt got me toally convinced yet but i blame that on idiot drivers causing me to wash the rear end out but it was easily saved! i had my motorcycle endorsment before my cager endorsment my first bike was an 87 kz440ltd then had a honking 1200 suzuki full police fairing type bike that bike was fun would hit 105 and if i didnt look down i wouldnt even know i was going that fast! :rawk: :skull: so now that im 21 and in college needed a new commuter so had teh choice between the gz tu or a yamaha vstar or rebel the rebel was an outdated girly design and the v star well lets just say v twin and 250ccs is somewhat sacreligious in my opinion i would have gotten teh tu 250 had it now been efi i love the style but the efi wasnt worth it IMO so the gz it was with that beutifully reliable thumper engine and that fully intergrated transmission so now to teh ususal questions what size bags and topcase you recomend that bizith seat is coming off i ride solo so enjoy

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: new to gz nnot bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpeed
So after a few years of not having a motorcycle I picked up a new 09 gz250. The 2 mile ride however hasn't gotten me totally convinced yet but I blame that on idiot drivers causing me to wash the rear end out but it was easily saved! I had my motorcycle endorsement before my cager endorsement. My first bike was an 87 KZ 440 LTD. Then had a honking 1200 Suzuki full police fairing type bike. That bike was fun, would hit 105 and if I didn't look down I wouldn't even know I was going that fast! :rawk: :skull: So now that I'm 21 and in college I needed a new commuter so had the choice between the GZ, TU or a Yamaha Vstar or Rebel. The Rebel was an outdated girly design and the Vstar, well let's just say V-twin and 250ccs is somewhat sacriligious in my opinion. I would have gotten the TU 250 and had it now being EFI. I love the style but the EFI wasn't worth it IMO. So the GZ it was with that beautifully reliable thumper engine and that fully intergrated transmission. So now to the ususal questions. What size bags and topcase do you recommend ? That b*tch seat is coming off. I ride solo so enjoy
THERE, fixed that for you. I don't usually say Hello this way but I'm surprised at your comminication skills. So, welcome to the forum. We will answer all your questions and add suggestions as time goes on. Later on I will post a couple pics for your entertainment and knowledge.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Viirin

Haha, WW - your worse than that annoying paper clip from Microsoft Word

Old 09-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
THERE, fixed that for you.
Only partly. Some white space would have helped too.

I DO usually answer RUDE posts with a rude answer......and spitting out a chunk of un-formatted text when asking for advice is not only rude but unwise........as is rejecting a bike you like because it has fuel injection. I don't think that is a wise move either.

Let's see, now what was the question.........ah, yes, both things that could be answered with a search, no doubt. :whistle:
Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
Viirin

Ah come on easy - lets give him the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe he didn't have time to proof read it or something...although it was kind of like deciphering a code

Whatever size saddlebags you choose make sure you get some spacers or rig up some sort of protection to stop them from swinging into you wheel or sliding down and getting cremated on the exhaust (right one only). Most people use leather or synth leather but they suck in the rain so you'll probably need to get waterproof liners for them - hard bags just look...weird on the GZ, which is strange considering it's a bike built for practicality over style but they'd probably be a better choice over all if you have to bring much stuff with you on your college commute.

Your right about the GZ being reliable and if you keep your carb clean and give it routine maintenance it'll stay that way.

Other than that welcome aboard!

P.S. You may want to re-evaluate your choice of name...or bike...the GZ doesn't exactly complement your doctrine

Vii

Old 09-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viirin
Haha, WW - your worse than that annoying paper clip from Microsoft Word
Microsoft has a paper clip ?? Who knew! I may have been a bit caustic but modern education standards lack a lot compared to what I was taught in school and it is only the students who loose in the long run. How can a young adult hope to have a career when they can't master the basics of the English language ? It isn't their fault, the system has failed them but they should be wise enough to recognize this fact.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
How can a young adult hope to have a career when they can't master the basics of the English language ?
It doesn't seem to stop some people ...........(or SOTP some people????)[attachment=0:1d5zucg3]ATT00004.jpeg[/attachment:1d5zucg3]
Old 09-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
ArizonaKev

DrSpeed - as a fellow Arizonan, I would hope that you would represent our fine state in a way that makes us all proud. But I must say that your spelling, grammar, and punctuation are absolutely atrocious. Now, perhaps English is not your first language, which would be a somewhat compelling excuse. But if you truly are in college, then I would have to believe that you have learned something about these things, and would kindly ask that you utilize them here, if for nothing else, to at least not make it so blatantly obvious why Arizona ranks 50th in the United States in education.

Thank you kindly, and welcome to the forum.

AZ Kev
Old 09-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
Water Warrior 2

DrSpeed. You might want to consider something like this if you will be riding solo. A little secure storage and a backrest all in one. I used a 28 liter Kappa top case and fashioned a metal mounting plate to mount the box and it's own mounting plate. Worked very well overall.
The bags worked well until the seams let go and have since been replaced by Nelson-Rig bags which are outstanding. There is also a thread here about making your own bags supports to keep the bags away from the rear wheel. Cheap and easy with a couple tools and a tape measure.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #10
DrSpeed

Hey, Sorry for my poor grammar. I was typing very quickly and didnt really think to double check what i wrote. Im so used to my computer fixing my mistakes for me. I really do apoligize for starting out on such a bad foot. But as an update, The gz now has 200 miles on it and i love it, went on along ride up casa grande to see the big house. i see why they told me to get at least a 500 for the freeway, holy jesus was scared. and once again i really do apoligize for my horrid typing in the begining i hope this post is better.