Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 03-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #41
Water Warrior 2

Mainline, How do your parents deal with your being Gay? Yeah, that is very personal but it may help others here to understand from your experience.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #42
mainlinecoffee

The break in I totally agree with but the vandalism is another story. After my truck was broke in to I had it parked on the street and someone tried to key it up and tied a flag across the windshield. Not a American flag just a advertisement for open houses at the property. Fairly certain it's the creepy black guy across the street. For two months any time he herd my truck coming down the road he walked out on his porch to stare me down and I have caught him cat calling or whistling at my boyfriend a few times...I can't justify putting hands on the guy if that's all I have seen him do but I have seen this kind of thing before. I think this is the first time I have ever tried to do the right thing about a neighbor...got another one they lives a few buildings down that felt like calling Kyle a faggot but never had shit to say to me.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #43
mainlinecoffee

Well I guess for a little background my parents are both hardworking middle class liberals with a taste for fine wine stank cheese and bicycling. I was sort of thrown out of the closet at 15 and they had more love for me than I did. Granted I had a lot of other problems at the time. To this day I can't really grasp the concept of being proud...proud to be gay or proud to be white Irish catholic black short tall or any of it...why would I feel proud to get the shit end of the stick in a game of genetic roulette? I am not ashamed of who I am but I don't see the point.

Last edited by mainlinecoffee; 03-04-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #44
mainlinecoffee

Kentucky has improved but In the last year I have I countered probably 20 people that felt the need to express there outrage that two faggots felt the need to be eating at the same wafflehouse or shopping at the same mall. It makes my blood boil knowing that for every one I meet Kyle gets ten of them. For the most point I don't worry much but I have seen it turn violent a dozen times.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:05 AM   #45
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
I can agree with your point Jonathan but it just may be that Ky is not the friendliest place to be openly Gay. Some areas just hang on to very strict ideas about the human race and any deviation is a bad thing.

The last line of your post reminds me of my Dad. He definitely had his opinions and prejudices. A lot of that rubbed off onto me. Spent half a lifetime getting over his influence. It was tough in many ways. Still asking myself what all the fuss was about.
Believe me I know... I'm from the South too and all of this Southern bigotry is just a byproduct of the closed communities and incestual social development that evolved from the onset due to the rural gap between fresh ideas and the darker aspects of religious institutions serving as the social hub of an area.

(I wrote my thesis on this and other parts of the societal influence that religion has played in the South East - It's available online if you're so inclined

I'm slighter in stature and have been known to walk around downtown Daltonia without shoes on. I used to bicycle commute everywhere and I did a lot of drama and art growing up. I like to imitate people and I can portray a pretty mean gay man if I need to.

My buddy Mitchell and I were once walking and talking about politics and we passed this rather attractive female on the sidewalk. At the same time, an Uber-masculine redneck came to a stop to pull out from a parking lot, rolled his window down, made some comment objectifying the lady who had passed, didn't get a satisfactory objectifying response from us and then proceeded to throw an empty carton of cigarettes at us and suggest that we were "just a couple of faggots anyway." This isn't the same as being openly gay and persecuted for it, but I think it highlights the problem with people... This guy was grossly offended that were more respectful and he felt threatened in some way by this and blew up into rage mode for nothing at all.

I can't even fathom having to put up with type of shit on a regular basis. I don't know that I would be able to restrain myself from lighting some people of fire, you know, as a deterrent or whatever.

I think like with anything, you just have to fall back on the best advice when it comes to adversity. Walk softly and carry a big stick. I think you probably do that in many respects. But there also comes a time when putting an end to something is as simple as walking over to the whistling asshole and letting him know that it won't happen again.

Difference circumstances, but I've been harassed before. Make it clear that it won't happen again to whoever the assailant is. Video record your external personal property and let the police and restraining orders deal with the idiots. Those a articles of society that I don't particularly care for. But when individuals cannot operate like adult human beings, then the use of such measures is why the exist in the first place.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #46
mainlinecoffee

Lighting people on fire seems like a lot of trouble,I used to keep a zippo fuel tin full of unleaded for the occasion though. I prefer a chain through a garden hose with a padlock at the end for a big stick...I think you nailed it on the head though and I would love to read that thesis. I have always had a hard time dealing with people just on a human level. I feel like life would be much easier if there was a book titled "rational responses to every situation in life" problem is there are many that are human in name alone.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #47
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainlinecoffee View Post
Well I guess for a little background my parents are both hardworking middle class liberals with a taste for fine wine stank cheese and bicycling. I was sort of thrown out of the closet at 15 and they had more love for me than I did. Granted I had a lot of other problems at the time. To this day I can't really grasp the concept of being proud...proud to be gay or proud to be white Irish catholic black short tall or any of it...why would I feel proud to get the shit end of the stick in a game of genetic roulette? I am not ashamed of who I am but I don't see the point.
Genetic Roulette is just Natures way of showing another form of diversity in all life on this planet. Humans are not the only species to have gay members. Even Dolphins have gays in their species.
I am very lucky to live in a very accepting local. The fellow at Starbucks is gay and serves me tea. No big deal. A waitress down the road serves me dinner now and again. I don't care that she is gay, she is a real beauty to look at.
Lynda's second son is gay. It was his wedding that I attended. He and his mate have parted company lately but nothing due to being gay. Just being human like the rest of us. They have moved on and a divorce may be in their future. Sh*t happens. Do I care for them? You bet. They are both fine individuals and I get a heartfelt hug whenever I see them. It feels right to hug a person who is part of your life. Now if I could just hug the waitress down the road.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:10 PM   #48
Goose51683

I've traveled a bit and have lived on both coasts, the midwest and the south, I've in blue states and red states and its true everywhere. There are assholes everywhere. I'm not gay, but I've been accused of it, which is usually when I turn around, stick my ass out and blow them a kiss, but anyways. The worlds full of assholes whose only goal is to beat someone else down to make them feel better.

I just try to remember for every prick in the world there are a dozen great people. Everyone concentrates on the jerks because they are loud, have big egos and little brains (and dicks too I'm sure), but I try to concentrate on those other ones, the ones that aren't boastful, and loud and full of themselves, and that goes for straight gay, black, white and purple.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #49
mainlinecoffee

It's almost comical how in a civilized world we still mimic baboons throwing shit and showing our ass to try to impress the women.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #50
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainlinecoffee View Post
It's almost comical how in a civilized world we still mimic baboons throwing shit and showing our ass to try to impress the women.
And men too... Our entire civilization can be broken down to the pursuit of companionship, domination, and sex; not necessarily in that order. Whether or not we prefer those things with men, women, chimps, dogs, or fish - we will spend a lot of time acting like baboons to achieve what we want.