Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 09-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
music man

Re: Corona Motorsports and... I push started the bike!

I didn't either until one day I got off my bike went in the house, and my wife went outside for something and came back in and said, why are your lights on on your bike, went out there and figured out that there is a key switch setting to do just that, to leave them on.

Later

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #12
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
I just learned something - My bike has a PARK setting.
Now you can relax. You've learned something new already today! :biggrin:

It is kind of like that first position on the light switch on your car (which nobody uses anymore because they are automatic)........which is called "parking lights".
Old 09-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #13
Jer

I love learning from all these things.

Thanks guys!!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #14
alanmcorcoran

To Patrick (who has no wife to tell him these things [lucky bastard (too bad he'll die young)]) You're welcome, again.

To Easy: I think you were the unknown poster (so thanks man), and, even though I forget my own phone number, for some reason all of your instructions stuck right in the grey matter. I duck walked (jogged?) it with my ass firmly in saddle. It really wasn't that hard. Hell of a lot easier than push starting a car (which can get away from you as well!) I also think use of so-called "clutch control" (in my day we called it slipping the clutch, but what the eff do I know) was the key. You just ease it gently past the friction point, just like you might do if you are trying to start up in second. Trust me, if a girly man like me can do it, anyone can. And, oh boy, do I agree that the "leaving just the rear lights on" setting is stupid.

To Music: Isn't nice to have a wife that is worried about your motorcycle! Damn straight. I bet you a lot of other married dudes on this site are pretty GD jealous of us right now. My wife made me go ride mine to make sure the battery wasn't dead. That's love. Might have to write a country western song about it. She's still busting my balls about it a little. Quite proud she solved the Mystery of the Dead Battery On the Overpriced Toy My Husband Way Overpaid For.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:03 PM   #15
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
I bet you a lot of other married dudes on this site are pretty GD jealous of us right now.
Yes, to a point. Sometimes there are advantages both ways.

The last bike I owned was a Kaw Eliminator 600. Black, with a windshield and bags.

After pushing it out of the farm shed two springs ago, I decided I needed something lighter.......fondly remembering the time, about 40 years ago, when I would ride my Honda S90 around the pasture in the SNOW! Sigh! But I digress.

Went to Sportland. Saw this used GZ with only 1200 miles on it. Black, with a shield and bags.
One afternoon, it quietly replaced the OTHER black one in the garage.....and she still doesn't know the difference! :biggrin:

Of course, after 40 years of marriage, it's not like I really cared what she thought anyway. :smoke:

Old 09-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #16
Jer

Quote:
One afternoon, it quietly replaced the OTHER black one in the garage.....and she still doesn't know the difference!
That works with guitars too.

:whistle:
Old 09-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #17
Sarris

I dunno guys, after the kids were grown and 20 years of marrage, I got my Dishonerable Discharge about 12 years ago, and as far as "companions" go, it's cheaper to lease. That way I can have all the guitars, motorcycles, and other toys I want without getting permission.

One of my buds says "If you can drive it, fly it or :fu: :curse: it, it's cheaper to lease.

It's one of these :jo: :jo: :jo: kinda deals.

Both ways are a compromise, eh??
Old 09-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #18
music man

I am actually the luckiest person out there then, because not only did my wife not mind that I got a bike, but Because I am for lack of a better term, Thrifty, SHE actually went as far as to be the one to talk me into buying it.

Later
Old 09-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #19
Jer

Thats how it happenned here too. More her idea than mine. Of course her wanting my car to drive instead of hers played a big part in it......
Old 09-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #20
alanmcorcoran

I may have been misinterpreted here. I neither meant to imply that marriage is a good idea, or even that I endorsed it. I probably should not have mentioned it, but I have minimal self discipline when it comes to going for a laugh.

I've been married 25 years but I have never recommended it to anyone. I have my reasons. My wife is pretty great, but variety is the spice and all that.

That being said, mine is not permission based either. I am The King of my Castle, and, trust me, the MC isn't even close to the most ridiculous toy I've bought myself. Not even the only one I could kill myself with.

To Sarris, Patrick and the rest of you untethered's, I think you did the right thing. I think if you are going to get married, wait until you are 50 and marry a lady in her 30's.