Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 03-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #21
Moedad

Re: I15 and I70

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Do you have a time frame for this ride? Reason I ask is because you can get off I-70 in CO and tour through the mountains on your way south to NM if it's a time of year less conducive to snow and ice (noticed the wonderful driving conditions in your slide show). You could get off in Grand Junction and head south to Durango, or get off in Glenwood Springs and go over Independance Pass...well, heck, here I am, trying to plan your trip. And you've been to Aspen, so you know what some of that looks like, obviously. Or you could even get off I-70 in UT and go south through Moab and Cortez to Durango, which would lend itself to a more Spring-like time table...

He doesn't have a time table, he just wants to go 80 for several hundred miles for the hell of it I guess. :poke2:
I only asked about time frame because lots of the West gets to be 100+ degrees all day long and into the night for several months during the year, in which case getting across them quickly can be a good thing. Oh, and the snow and ice thing during the other months. But most of you guys know about the snow and ice thing, huh? :poke2:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #22
Tuval

Boy oh boy....

If I take off from Eilat (on the coast of the red sea) and ride all the way to the Golan (Bordering with Syria) I dont get more than 350 miles... See, here the GZ is all you need... Zig Zag all you want - by the time you get there you only have to stop once for fuel. And the TV was buzzing like hell when they got two rice rocket riders doing 160 mph on the costal road.
The one with the R1 was arrested, his friend with the CBR wasnt clocked so he was let go - no charge. I used to be them. 60 mph is quite ok - its not when but how you get there.
As my dad used to explain to me in my (and his) younger days: "Yeah kid - in the US all is bigger & wider, but nothing gets you lower than the road to the dead sea..."
So boys and dames - how about loading the GZ's on a slow boat ant come do the compleate Holyland tour - I can pretty much arrange everything on this end. That will be a real adventure.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
alanmcorcoran

Thanks for invite, but I don't like boats.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #24
Tuval

Well... you can always swim over... but its a drag...

Still... think of a hoard of GZ parked at sunset with the old city of Jerusalem in the backround...