Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 07-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #11
ncff07

Re: In praise of Busy.

try http://www.photobucket.com you can add pics and video to that and get the url to use here. Ive used that for awhile and never had any problems with it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Lots of info here. Now all I have to do is wait for a very patience filled day.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #13
BusyWeb

^^;

Hi, Mr. WW.
As you might know there are no one solution for the bike-camera-mounting, I had lots of failure with my bike.
Some bikes have more engine-vibraion, some does not but hard to find where to put camera on !!!

With my new TW200, I want to start new diy mounting.
My water proof sanyon HD cam is out of the order, I had to use old olympus water-proof (vga quality).
And found that there were no place that I could easily put on, another; this bike's engine is Trackter... ha ha ha
A lot of vibraion, so I decided put cam on somewhere on the rider's body.
Helmet mounting is out of the plan for now.
Don't want to buy expensive helmet cams ....

Yesterday, I made some quick temporary Chest Mounting system.
Tested in today's commuting, (little rain in the morning); and seems O.K. so far.
Let me put edited short video later on after finished.

I need to buy a sewing machine to create better versions, so that I could use any cameras for my chest mounting system. (is it possible?? don't know, but will try it)

Old 07-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #14
BusyWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayuse
WW, don't give up! Have a go with Windows Movie Maker to edit your movies, if you want to edit them.
If you're having trouble uploading to Youtube PM me and I'll walk you through it.

In the meantime, check out my modest effort here:

I used this ultra-simple setup to capture video using my daughter's discarded digital camera.
That's a hex head cap screw, lock washer, and rubber washer holding a piece of aluminum bar (1/8" x 3/4" from Rona) onto the fork bracket. The camera is fixed with a couple of rubber washers, a wing nut, and a socket head cap screw with knob cap. I also have a lanyard clipped onto the camera and tied onto my handlebars as a fail-safe measure in case something rattles loose. I found this placement resulted in the least amount of vibration.

Cheers.

Wow, that's amazing quality video...
Great work for GZ..
Thanks for the sharing the idea.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayuse
WW, don't give up! Have a go with Windows Movie Maker to edit your movies, if you want to edit them.
If you're having trouble uploading to Youtube PM me and I'll walk you through it.

In the meantime, check out my modest effort here:

I used this ultra-simple setup to capture video using my daughter's discarded digital camera.
That's a hex head cap screw, lock washer, and rubber washer holding a piece of aluminum bar (1/8" x 3/4" from Rona) onto the fork bracket. The camera is fixed with a couple of rubber washers, a wing nut, and a socket head cap screw with knob cap. I also have a lanyard clipped onto the camera and tied onto my handlebars as a fail-safe measure in case something rattles loose. I found this placement resulted in the least amount of vibration.

Cheers.
Wow I am impressed. That is quite a bit better than the results I am getting. I still haven't figured out all the different settings for this camera so that may be part of the problem. Still in the experimental stages with a video. The still shots seem to work out nicely with the mounting system that I have. The little V-twin has a smooth power delivery so it works well until I hit a certain vibration range that only lasts a few 100 RPMs and then smoothens out again. I did try a small plexiglass windshield for the camera but reflections and wind vibrations messed things up too much. I'll keep amused till I get it right.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #16
BusyWeb

Here is the my first diy chest camera mounting test result.
So far so good, as I mainly will using it at the dirt road... will see if it works for me.

[youtube:d0hwui1q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN10yqCzNu4[/youtube:d0hwui1q]

^^;
Old 07-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #17
Water Warrior 2

Pretty good for a first ride video. Waiting for the next one.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #18
cayuse

Very nice, Busy! I see you got a wave from the guy at 2:48.
I'd like to see your harness.
It's funny how slow the bike seems to be going in the early shots on the highway. I can see by your speedo you are moving right along, but the scenery just seems to drag by. I get the same effect in my movies. i found moving the camera lower to the road helped with giving a better impression of the real speed.
Funny how your 200% FF segment at 3:17 looks 'realistic'!

Good fun! :2tup:

2005 GZ250 (sold after 26000km)
2013 CB500XA
Old 07-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #19
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncff07
try http://www.photobucket.com you can add pics and video to that and get the url to use here. Ive used that for awhile and never had any problems with it.
Checked this out, but I'm as much in the dark as I ever was! Must be something to do with age/computer skills. I can't find anything to show me how to share videos. Do you have to register before it tells you how it works? :??:
Old 07-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #20
ncff07

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncff07
Checked this out, but I'm as much in the dark as I ever was! Must be something to do with age/computer skills. I can't find anything to show me how to share videos. Do you have to register before it tells you how it works? :??:
Yes, you'll need to register for it before you can use it. Theres a link near the top left that says "Join Now!", then after when you log in it will bring a box up thats pretty simple with a tab for uploading stuff about midway on the page to the right side. Once you upload pics or videos they should show below the upload box and you'll just have to hover your cursor over the pic/video you want to use and it should bring up a thing with links to post it somewhere, just copy the direct link url and paste it where ever. Clear as mud right? :2tup: