Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 10-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Re: Banning Idyllwild Panoramic Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Hey, WW, did you notice the extra bike listed in my profile yet?
Hey hey hey !!! When did you get a Weestrom ?? What color ? Mileage, farkles, how do you like it so far ??

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #22
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Quote:
Hey hey hey !!! When did you get a Weestrom ?? What color ? Mileage, farkles, how do you like it so far ??
Congratulations.Some pics & info please.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #23
Moedad

Quote:
Quote:
I picked it up last week from a retired guy up in the high desert, so I got to ride about 80 miles to get it home. I am very impressed. Love the 6th gear! At one point I wasn't watching my speed on the downside of a 4,000 foot pass when I saw I was going 90 mph. In my defense most of the traffic was doing near that speed and that bike is so much smoother than my Nighthawk that I didn't even notice. It's blue with 17k miles and looks brand new. It's got the grip warmers and wind deflectors, and a powerport, as well as a Cee Bailey windshield (less buffeting than my Nighthawk, which is also why I didn't notice my speed). Also came with a set of quick release racks and Givi hard bags. I'll post some pics when I have a chance. But I really like it so far. I'd like to get a skid plate and set of crash bars, but other than that I'm a happy camper in regard to farkles, at least at this point.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #24
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
We meet at a local breakfast spot at 8:00 AM on weekends and who ever shows, goes.We figure out where to go, what basic route to take, and approximate time we want to get home over breakfast.We normally go to "I Don't Give a Shit", "Where Ever", or "Who Cares". Sometimes it's a real destination, but most times not.Not much planning other than that. Simple and easy.
That's how it used to work when i was in a cycling group. It mostly worked out, mainly because (luckily) we were all relatively close in ablility most of the time. Occasionally, we'd have a straggler and the rules were sort of loose on that. Some of us would wait and others were content to let them catch up to us at the lunch/rendezvous. I did that ride nearly every week for about ten years, until I moved away from the area.

A lot of the appeal of that group was that we all got along pretty well, which is rare for me. In most groups, I don't fit in that well and usually there's a number of people that get on my nerves too, so, I generally don't seek them out.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #25
Water Warrior 2

Moedad, sounds like a great buy you found. Be sure to join up with Stromtroopers to learn an amazing amount of info about the bike. I also had my bike sneak up to high speed a couple times too. That perfectly balanced 90 degree V-twin is awesome. You will be very happy with it.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 AM   #26
Moedad

Quote:
Be sure to join up with Stromtroopers to learn an amazing amount of info about the bike.
Ha! Been a member there since 2008. Knew someday I'd get one, so I joined up soon after I got my GZ. Was getting the GZ serviced when I saw a flat black Wee at the local Suzuki dealer and I was smitten.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #27
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Quote:
Be sure to join up with Stromtroopers to learn an amazing amount of info about the bike.
Ha! Been a member there since 2008. Knew someday I'd get one, so I joined up soon after I got my GZ. Was getting the GZ serviced when I saw a flat black Wee at the local Suzuki dealer and I was smitten.
Excellent Moedad. After reading about Stroms for a couple years you have a very educated background to go with the new bike.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #28
Moedad

Here's the new-to-me bike.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I picked it up last week from a retired guy up in the high desert, so I got to ride about 80 miles to get it home. I am very impressed. Love the 6th gear! At one point I wasn't watching my speed on the downside of a 4,000 foot pass when I saw I was going 90 mph. In my defense most of the traffic was doing near that speed and that bike is so much smoother than my Nighthawk that I didn't even notice. It's blue with 17k miles and looks brand new. It's got the grip warmers and wind deflectors, and a powerport, as well as a Cee Bailey windshield (less buffeting than my Nighthawk, which is also why I didn't notice my speed). Also came with a set of quick release racks and Givi hard bags. I'll post some pics when I have a chance. But I really like it so far. I'd like to get a skid plate and set of crash bars, but other than that I'm a happy camper in regard to farkles, at least at this point.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #29
Water Warrior 2

Wow that bike looks almost new. I see you have a center stand too, lucky you. Be sure to make sure any skid plate you get is compatible with the center stand. Hand guards are optional too. A really clean nicely taken care of bike from the looks of it. Did you get a service history ??
Old 10-30-2010, 09:16 PM   #30
dhgeyer

That's a great looking bike. I think you did very well. Weather looks great, too.