Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 03-21-2018, 05:37 AM   #1
xxvikingwarrior

Manual choke conversion

I've had my GZ250 for a long while. Along the way I've deleted allot of the factory plastic nonsense, and done some mods. I eventually had the choke cable break on me, and later gutted the wiring and all other unnecessary junk from the bike. I have removed the entire left hand controls, but for the ease of starting I would like to have a choke again. Has anyone figured out a way to have a hand pulled choke plunger installed on this carburetor instead of the cable choke which it comes with. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #2
kilo0195

I think the easiest option (if cleaning up the handlebars is what you're after) is to keep the choke connection that runs into the carb, and use a lawnmower type pull lever and cable to connect. You could cut the new cable short enough to mount it to the carb. Or if you want a cleaner look you could route the cable so the lever mounts under the fuel tank along the frame or even under the seat. Of c ok use the easiest option besides stock is to buy a carb off Ebay that has the style choke you want. You can get a basic slide style carb on there for $30-40... not including jetting.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:13 PM   #3
GZ300

Stock choke cable and lever work fine. If you wanted to use the choke you shoulda jist left it alone dipshit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads