Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 08-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: Running rich?

Carb cleaners and injector cleaners are usually petroleum distillates of some sort and probably have many common properties. I don't imagine there is too much of a difference in many cases. Unless they are a high dollar special formula made exclusively for a carb or injector there is likely no harm done. I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure both are mostly cleaners with the injector fluid possibly having a lubrication additive for the injectors.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #12
OldNTired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Carb cleaners and injector cleaners are usually petroleum distillates of some sort and probably have many common properties. I don't imagine there is too much of a difference in many cases. Unless they are a high dollar special formula made exclusively for a carb or injector there is likely no harm done. I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure both are mostly cleaners with the injector fluid possibly having a lubrication additive for the injectors.
True. The last bottle I put in my tractor was listed as a 'fuel injector and carb cleaner'. I have tom use it in the tractor; this 'mixed breed' gas with alcihol in it isn't good for any small engine.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #13
bpdchief

well Berryman B-12 poor choice of words (injector instead of carb). Filled up yesterday, we'll see how it goes. Yes WW, if it fails to clear up I'll break the bike down, box it up and ship to you COD. Your bride should like that project in the living room this winter

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdchief
well Berryman B-12 poor choice of words (injector instead of carb). Filled up yesterday, we'll see how it goes. Yes WW, if it fails to clear up I'll break the bike down, box it up and ship to you COD. Your bride should like that project in the living room this winter
No problem, her GZ spent it's first winter in the living room so I could add all the neat stuff to make a mini touring bike out of it. A warm carpeted garage is on my wish list. It sure beats cold unlite undeground parking.