Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-10-2018, 10:57 PM   #41
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds View Post
Thanks WW, I hope to be able to walk without a limp anyway. I really haven't been able to run in years so I kinda doubt that's going to happen but I never really liked to run anyway, lol. As long as I can walk, I'll be okay with that outcome.
I've had experience with walking and running. At one time I logged about 12 miles a shift at work. It was a pretty big building and had lots of stairs too. As time went by I didn't need to walk so much so I got out of the habit. Eventually a staircase was a challenge without a rest stop. Really out of shape.
Moved to new digs and did a bit of walking to and fro. Stopped whenever my hips hurt, carried on when the pain subsided. Tried jogging a bit. Pretty soon I was running a mile there and a mile back on the sidewalk. I felt very well and had a hard time just walking when my legs wanted to run. Moved again after 5 years and the new neighborhood just wasn't comfy to do any running. Just gave up and settled into my chair.

Here's hoping your walking days are good and no limp would be a real bonus. Got my fingers crossed for a full recovery.

Login or Register to Remove Ads