Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
music man

Hey alancorcoran, Look here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
I know, I know - this is a GZ site and the content should be mainly about the GZ. The only reason I mention it is that I think a lot of people on here ARE planning on going bigger once they get some experience on the GZ and I was lucky to be able to "test drive" the bike I bought before I bought it. Not sure how it is in the rest of the country, but it seemed like all I coud do untl I found the rental place was to read, look and sit. No riding!
Its not that you can't or shouldn't talk about other bikes besides the GZ on this site, as a matter of fact I think I was one of the first ones to encourage you to do just that, to tell us about your experiences on your new bike. But not put us down in the process, because when you say stuff like, "I don't know about you but I feel silly riding the GZ" and I can't take the GZ seriously, and its just a novelty bike" that is offensive to me, because I STILL ride a GZ, so you are just like the "other" bikers out there that think if you aren't riding a monster you and your bike are a silly little joke, that you are not a serious motorcycle rider, regardless of what you say to the contrary.

But I guarantee you that I am just as serious (or more) of a motorcycle rider as you are, Like the Wise scholar Sarris once said :lol: "it ain't what you ride, it is the ride" that counts. And most people on here ARE going to go bigger (myself included), but that does not mean that YOU have to humiliate them into doing so. And you were the one that brought up having to be SECURE to ride a GZ, so you kind of brought the whole insecurity thing on yourself.

And I understand why you got a bigger bike (I personally think you are slightly off your hinges for riding any bike in that crazy ass Traffic and on those high speed roads you have, much less a GZ) and I am not putting you down for getting one. I want one myself, (a bigger bike) but you will not hear me on here GZ bashing when I do. It is a small bike (the GZ) and has its limitations, but you won't find a better 250 cruiser out there. That is all I was trying to say to begin with, yea I am glad you got a new bike, and I WANT to here about how it rides, and all that, but you could leave out "the GZ is not a real motorcycle, novelty" bullshit, because then you are basically spitting in the face of anyone on here that DOES take the GZ seriously (such as myself) regardless if they do or ever will own a bigger motorcycle.

I moved this here, I know its not actually politics or religion but I didn't really see anywhere else it would fit. See I am also trying to follow Patricks rules of Etiquette :bow: .

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: Hey alancorcoran, Look here

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
I moved this here, I know its not actually politics or religion but I didn't really see anywhere else it would fit. See I am also trying to follow Patricks rules of Etiquette :bow: .
Hey! What the hell. If you guys keep this up Patrick won't have anything left to bitch about..........well except for ME, that is !! :shocked: :biggrin:

And once again, you did a MUCH better job of explaining what I was trying to say. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

I'm going to rename this forum to something other than Politics & Religion. Maybe just "Hot Topics"...or "Flame War IV - Armageddon on Two Wheels"

As it is, I don't have much to say on this particular topic.

:popcorn:

Old 03-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
But not put us down in the process, because when you say stuff like, "I don't know about you but I feel silly riding the GZ" and I can't take the GZ seriously, and its just a novelty bike" that is offensive to me, because I STILL ride a GZ, so you are just like the "other" bikers out there that think if you aren't riding a monster you and your bike are a silly little joke, that you are not a serious motorcycle rider, regardless of what you say to the contrary.
Okay, I got it. I may have gone a little overboard that day and I apologize.

Bear in mind, I STILL RIDE THE GZ. Five days a week. More often than I ride the Strat (but less miles.) I'm not going to make any more comparative observations, but if I was truly a Big Bike Elitist, I would have sold the GZ and would ride the Strat to work everyday. I also spent well over a month pursuing a fix for my stalling problem, something I would not have bothered with if I didn't think it was worth riding it.

(I will say this: I am so looking forward to the day you post what your new bike is.)
Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
I'm not going to make any more comparative observations, but if I was truly a Big Bike Elitist, I would have sold the GZ and would ride the Strat to work everyday.

(I will say this: I am so looking forward to the day you post what your new bike is.)

Trust me, you are probably not far from selling it with the attitude you have towards riding it, and AGAIN, i never said don't make any comparisions between the two bikes, and never talk about your new bike, just don't talk down to the people who still chose to ride the GZ.

And why are you looking forward to the day i post what my new bike is?

Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
mr. softie

I think the little GZ is a better bike in one big way than most bigger bikes. It is just plain fun to ride.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. softie
I think the little GZ is a better bike in one big way than most bigger bikes. It is just plain fun to ride.

Not according to Alan.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #8
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Something new to talk about.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #9
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. softie
I agree with this to a point. The power of a bigger bike is addictive, but the nimbleness and flickability of the GZ and other small-displacement bikes is a major plus to the fun factor. The GZ is a perfect beginner's bike, and an even better bike for someone with a lot of experience with big bikes but really knows (and understands) what makes a motorcycle REALLY fun to ride.

If it only had a 350cc engine, it'd be GREAT. :neener: :poke2:
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
patrick_777

Quote:
To be honest, I really am too.