Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-20-2009, 11:16 AM   #21
adrianinflorida

Re: Hey alancorcoran, Look here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. softie
I think the little GZ is a better bike in one big way than most bigger bikes. It is just plain fun to ride.
To draw a parallel, I've had both a 96 Corvette and a 2001 Miata. Guess which one was more fun to drive, here's a hint, it wasn't the Vette.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #22
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
BTW, BMW's are a very comfy ride if you have a 38" inseam, no nutz (you lean over on them... OW!!!!) and you have no wrist problems or arthritis.
I think my inseam is 32" (is that the same as pants length?) and still have both nuts. Don't think I have arthritis yet, but I have lots of aches, pains and soreness, especially in the fingers, wrist and shoulders, but I am chalking that up to: 50 year old body + multiple ski crashes over six days = what the hell did you expect?

Good info to know, though. There's a guy at my client in Chicago that has one (an RT something or other I think, 1200 cc's?) and I think Alton Brown of good eats also has one. It doesn't sound like a relaxed position to me. I believe we refer to no man's land out here as the "taint"
Old 03-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #23
Sarris

Easy, I always understood that on a sealed pressurized EFI, when you run the closed sealed system completely dry, you have to crank the motor over a bit to relieve air from the empty line so it can re-fill with fuel. The fuel pump is always on when the key is on, right??

:??:

Old 03-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #24
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Easy, I always understood that on a sealed pressurized EFI, when you run the closed sealed system completely dry, you have to crank the motor over a bit to relieve air from the empty line so it can re-fill with fuel. The fuel pump is always on when the key is on, right??
OK....yes....the fuel pump would run and pressurize the "rail" but there might be an air bubble at the end, right next to the actual injectors.

So, you are in fact right that cranking the engine more than "normal" might be necessary but I highly doubt that it would be "minutes". :biggrin:
Old 03-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #25
mrlmd1

This thread has gotten a lot milder and has drifted off the original topic (as usual) since it started yesterday, which may be a good thing, maybe not.
I have to add - Whoa, Alan, you are the only one on here having a thread named after you, ? directed at you, about you, and it happened 8 months after you joined. I'm not singling you out specifically, but you have become an example, a target, for a comment made, taken by someone else to be derogatory or demeaning, and we, all of us, shouldn't have any of that.
I think there's some kind of lesson to be learned here, and I'm not exactly sure what it is. Maybe we should not be pissing off the ones who love us the most - the other GZ BIKERS on here, in our very own forum, our very own family. Maybe we shouldn't make derogatory comments about each other's bikes, clothes, helmets, opinions, and other personal things. Maybe we should be a little more careful what we write, read it before submitting, edit it a little. We shouldn't have to apologize to anybody. Get your point across in a kind, diplomatic way. IE., don't piss anyone off. at least not intentionally.

To each his own, but enjoy the ride, whatever you're on. And leave it that way. :cool:

Old 03-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #26
alanmcorcoran

I'd like to be able to say it's a lesson learned, but, really, this ain't the first time it's happened and it's pretty much a regular deal with me. To be honest, I'd rather take my lumps than start editing and censoring myself. I already overthink most of my life and I'd rather just let it all hang out here and take the consequences. I'm not aiming to get kicked off the forum or anything, but if it came to that, it wouldn't be the first time.

Tact, diplomacy and, just plain being nice and respectful have never come naturally to me and, although I've tried to do it, it's really too much work for me, so I just hope for the best.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #27
mrlmd1

We love you anyway, and we understand you, and very well. We just like to pick on you, I guess. . Don't take it so hard, so personal. Just ride and be safe.
And don't f**k off again. (Just kidding). :poke2: :neener:
Old 03-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #28
alanmcorcoran

No worries, douchebaggery develops thick skin.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #29
Moedad

Last night on the Tonight Show, I heard President Obama say the GZ250 belongs in the Special Olympics :retard: of Motorcycles. Oh wait, he was talking about bowling. Never mind.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #30
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Dude, nobody gets kicked off this forum...least of all you. If some piece of shit spammer or troll gets on here, then they're gone in a heartbeat, but someone with 500+ posts (1250 in your case) has no need to worry.

Generally, if anyone's been here that long, they either have a thick skin and enjoy the back and forth, or they leave willingly. It's unlikely to ever be a forced exit.

...but let's not test that theory. :poke2: