Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 08-03-2010, 01:49 AM   #11
alanmcorcoran

Re: 1-Yr Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Aw c'mon......... You've only done 4000 miles in a year. You don't ride in the rain. You don't ride when it's hot. You'd rather take the car. When DO you ride, & why would you want a bigger bike? Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but it seems you don't even use the bike you've got.
Is there a prize for high mileage? I don't like riding in the rain either. I do ride when it's hot (cause it's hot almost all the time) but I'd like it better if it wasn't. So the guy likes to do something other than ride his bike... LET'S KILL HIM!!!

It sounds to me like he's having fun, and if he can have more fun on a bigger bike, even if he only rides it 1000 miles a year, I say more power to him. Besides, his tires will last longer. I have two bikes and I can only ride one at a time, I'm sure that makes me some kind of a douche. (Patrick, has like, four.)

Diff - I see a lot of 4,5,6 year old bikes with less than 4K on them for sale. It's supposed to be fun - not a job. Ride when you want and when you enjoy it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #12
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran

So the guy likes to do something other than ride his bike... LET'S KILL HIM!!!
He is a she.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere
Thanks guys (well, those of you that left nice comments).
:bow: :bow: :bow:

O.k. I know when I'm beat! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 08-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #14
diffluere

:neener:

p.s. i've never used this smiley and it cracks me up: :retard: hahaha

So...anyone coming to Florida for Biketoberfest? The only biker event I've made it to so far was the Leesburg rally. That was a lot of fun but the people I was with only wanted to stay for an hour! I wanted to stand around and watch all of the people, and see the stuntbike show, and the Ride Like a Pro thing, and all of the choppers....and walk around since it took us 3 hours to get there and my butt hurt..

My next mission when I'm not so poor is to get a gel pad seat cover. That would definitely make me want to ride more.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #15
Water Warrior 2

If you have a chance try to find a sheep skin too. I won't ride without one now. It also keeps a gel seat from heating up and cooking body parts. Been there done that.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #16
diffluere

Thanks WW. My parking lot isn't very shady, and even with my bike cover on, the seat still gets hot. Whenever I sit down all I can think about is the "hot hot hot hothot!" noise Mario makes when he falls in lava on Mario64...

[youtube:35fl0k00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFV-dJkxufI[/youtube:35fl0k00]

edited to add video.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #17
ArizonaKev

Happy 1 year anniversary diffluere, and congrats on not dropping it at all in that first year! The first time I owned a street bike, I dropped it twice in the first 3 months, and one of them ended up souring me on bikes for about 20 years. But now I am back on one, older, wiser and safer.

I am not about to jump into the lively discussion other than to say this : if I never rode when it was above 100 degrees, well - I would probably only get to ride about 20 days a year!!! LOL! (ok, I am exaggerating : 50 days a year!) I am in Phoenix, Arizona, and it cracks me up when I hear people say 100º is hot. Heck, I have to put a coat on when it gets that cool! :lol:

Ok, I am done with my "I live in a convection oven" humor for today. Congrats, and keep enjoying that bike - whenever and wherever you ride :2tup:

AZ Kev
Old 08-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #18
5th_bike

Congrats diff, I'm getting close to 3 years now. Still love the little bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaKev
...Ok, I am done with my "I live in a convection oven" humor for today....

AZ heat fells better at 110 than MD heat at 90 let me tell you. It's a all muggy over here. Sweat not evaporating... it just keeps on coming....
Old 08-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #19
BillInGA

Congratulations diffluere! I think you're getting some good use from your GZ.

Bill
Old 08-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #20
diffluere

Quote:
It's a all muggy over here. Sweat not evaporating... it just keeps on coming....
Yeah here in Florida 100 degrees usually has about 85% humidity. It is actually kind of hard to breathe. I've been to Arizona and your heat isn't anything like ours. It's still hot but it doesn't feel as crappy as Florida heat does. I like to joke that I'm actually an amphibian! If I could ride on nice long stretches without stopping, the heat wouldn't be so bad. However, on the way to school I go through about 15 stop lights. I don't have to stop at all of them, but for a good part of my journey I'm sitting still. By the time I get to school 15 minutes later I'm pretty sweaty.

According to the weather.com thing, its 89 here, feels like 100, and we have 65% humidity (it rained a few hours ago...yes, i rode home in the rain). Where ArizonaKev is its 104, feels like 101 (damn) and only 16% humidity. *shrug* Both sound like they suck, but i'd rather be in a convection oven than a sauna..=P

In all honesty it's the middle of summer and I live in a college town. I'd rather put on a bikini and drink a cold beer by the pool than put on jeans and boots and ride a motorcycle (most days). Sometimes I just need to get away from people and that's when I like to go on a nice long cruise.