Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 06-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Thumperville

backpack came open and lost my tools =/

so i hope you guys don't mind if i vent a bit. i had my backpack attached to the luggage rack on the back of the passenger backrest and at some point during my 20 mile ride the zippers worked their way open...wide open without my knowledge.
after exiting the freeway i was on the 3rd red light in city traffic when another biker rolls up beside me and mentions that my bag is open...so glad he did mention it unlike the countless other cars that could have rolled a window down and mentioned it to me.

i lost my fieldpiece HVAC meter (i do HVAC service work) that i use on a daily basis. luckily the other biker that alerted me about the open bag told me before my gauges were about to fall out.

anyways, i wanted to share this expensive mistake/lesson and make sure that people don't trust the zippers on backpacks to stay closed.

i will have my revenge on the backpack. i'm thinking of burning into a pile of ashes.

hopefully you guys are having a better day than me, lol!

Login or Register to Remove Ads