Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
studysession

need a water proof trunk

Links would be appreciated....

Do I need this luggage rack to put a water proof trunk on my bike?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EBDXIA/...I1DFPDFR4U3WR4

I have a bag on my back seat that is not water proof so behind it I want to put a water proof trunk that can fit my helmet when the bike is parked in the rain. Now a 100% sure if there are trunks that I can attach without the luggage rack or not.....or if I need a different luggage rack.....Far I can find this is the only luggage rack for the GZ250....

Appreciate all the advice I can get. Links would be appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #2
studysession

Other things I am looking for and would appreciate any inexpensive links for a sissy bar and engine guard.

This little bike has been dropped a few times. Engine guard is wanted in a big way but looking for inexpensive everything with the water proof trunk being my next purchase....
Old 08-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
studysession

Found this for engine guard but unsure if it is a good deal or not

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006571USI/...=IIQWWHGRE0DIJ

First purchase will be whatever I need to have a waterproof trunk to put my helmet in

Old 08-22-2014, 03:03 AM   #4
Water Warrior 2

MC Enterprises make a good product. Lynda had that crash bar on her M-50 Suzuki. Highly recommended after I dropped her bike twice.

If you just want to mount a trunk you can use a piece of flat plate steel and create some mounting points like the pic you posted. That allows you to custom mount to your needs and save a bunch of cash.......
Or you could use a plastic cutting board or chunk of plywood to mount the trunk on.
Big box hardware stores are full of brackets and fittings so let your imagination run wild.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
raul10141964

I get my on a chines scooter dealer for $50 and adapted to the GZ hear swome pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120628_142858.jpg (86.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120608_105125.jpg (93.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120608_105145.jpg (87.2 KB, 16 views)

Old 08-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
Shammua

I just did this not to long ago and it has held up very well even in heavy rain. Thank god I got my rain gear too just in time. Anyway, this trunk is from Mutazu, I did have to do a kind of custom ghetto mounting but it is very solid and secure.

http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/attac...2&d=1407655153

The saddle bags are from Mutazu also if you are interested, great price point, got them fast, and hold everything I need. The trunk is big enough to hold a full face helmet on it's side with some extra room in it, the saddle bags can hold my half helmet although it does seem to scuff the flat black top of my helmet, although it seems EVERYTHING scuffs my flat black helmet but that's for another discussion.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #7
studysession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammua View Post
I just did this not to long ago and it has held up very well even in heavy rain. Thank god I got my rain gear too just in time. Anyway, this trunk is from Mutazu, I did have to do a kind of custom ghetto mounting but it is very solid and secure.

The saddle bags are from Mutazu also if you are interested, great price point, got them fast, and hold everything I need. The trunk is big enough to hold a full face helmet on it's side with some extra room in it, the saddle bags can hold my half helmet although it does seem to scuff the flat black top of my helmet, although it seems EVERYTHING scuffs my flat black helmet but that's for another discussion.

Thanks!@
Old 08-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #8
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammua View Post

Add a windshield and you have a small touring bike. Lynda's GZ did well on a 5,000 km trek across the GWN.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:55 AM   #9
studysession

I have been looking at wind shields.... Are there any that also cover past the hand grips that fit the GZ250? I ride in single deg weather and would like to keep the wind off my hands....

Links would be appreciated thanks
Old 08-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #10
Shammua

Study,
I have been thinking about playing around with some universal windshields to see if I can get any to fit how I want then if I have to fabricate the brackets to hold it on. I just need to find the right size and look I am wanting.
On another thread Water suggested getting one of the windshields that does fit the GZ and then paint the lower portion to look more like I am wanting. If I find one and get it to work how I want I will most certainly post up pictures and where I got it.