Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 06-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
TehBilly

Send a message via Yahoo to TehBilly
Blue Ridge Parkway

Took my new bike out for a trip down the parkway last Saturday, gorgeous day for it. Was going to be raining later so it wasn't too terribly hot, which was good since I wanted to wear my leather jacket.

I'm really impressed with the single-person capacity of the GZ. I took the bike up to Route 60 in Amherst and rode that all the way to the parkway. It has some right twisties in hills that usually is a pain in any vehicle, but this little bike cruised right through them just as pretty as you please. My friend was with me on my Sabre, but being a heavier/taller bike (not to mention half as nimble) I lost him through some of the curvy sections.

The parkway itself was perfect, of course. Nice slow ride (45mph the entire time) in good weather, lots of other bikers out. Even met with a couple of BMW drivers from New Jersey, good people!

Then of course took Route 130 all the way back to the Heights. Lovely ride, and the bike handled it wonderfully. I still feel the lack of power, especially in hills or when trying to maintain full highway speeds, but it's comfortable enough and very responsive! Next time I'll try to snap some pictures.

Also, anyone have any recommendations on buttpads? I wouldn't mind snagging one!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Orpheus

Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBilly
anyone have any recommendations on buttpads? I wouldn't mind snagging one!
I spent a couple of hours looking around on the intergoogle last night and couldn't find anything that seemed worth the price. I'm probably going to look into some of the pads for the "granny seats" on exercise bikes; seems like they'd be almost an exact match for a motorcycle pad, but way less expensive. I'd probably only use it on long trips, and don't really see the need to spend over $100 on a freaking seat cushion. My real concern is for the passenger seat; my girlfriend usually needs to stretch about twice as often as I do, and something that would widen the seat a little would be nice. Found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcyc ... enameZWDVW on ebay, but I don't know if it'd be worth it.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
Doug577

Send a message via AIM to Doug577 Send a message via Yahoo to Doug577
I was just down in North Carolina last week near the Blue Ridge Parkway - amazingly beautiful area. Alas, I was without my bike which pained me as I kept seeing tons of bikers out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #4
Water Warrior 2

You might want to try a sheep skin from Alaska leather. Cooler in heat and warmer in cold weather. A small size will fit the GZ almost to perfection. Borrowed Lynda's sheep skin to try on the Vstrom and had to have my own. Don't leave home without it.