Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
dwh367

Re: My Black 2009 GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
One thing you might want to watch is that front tool bag. I had one mounted like that on my GZ and it apparently made a lot of contact with the front fender and kinda "wore" a place in the paint that went to far to buff out. Might not be a problem for you, I weight about 210 and that may have made the difference in the travel on the front forks. Anyway, something to watch out for, I'd hate to see that beautiful paint job get messed up.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on the front fender and if I start to see any signs of wear, I'll check into getting one that has a little more clearance. My weight is 130 and I've had it on there for 2300 miles and so far so good.

Quote:
By the way, do those tassels on the handle bars mess with you? I've heard a couple of guys say they slapped the crap out of them going down the road but I've never had any so no personal experience with that.
Now that they've been "broken in" I haven't had any trouble with them. When they were "new" they would whack me every once in awhile but it wasn't anything I couldn't live with.