Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
mr. softie

Early March Ride in Bucks County Pennsylvania.

Went out this afternoon for a ride, exploring the back roads in my area of the Delaware River Valley. Rode about 3 hours and got sort of lost a couple of times. Temperature was about 40 degrees and cloudy, but no rain. I took some pics, and enjoyed the ride more so for doing that, as I was more aware of the scenery while keeping an eye out for good photo ops. Lots of little roads with lots of curves and hills. These roads have been in use since the 1700's, and there are many historic homes and farms. We have quite a few old covered bridges in this area, I saw 3 on this ride. The big green bridge is the Frenchtown Bridge crossing over the Delaware river into New Jersey. I crossed over to Frenchtown for a break and had a chocolate milk. A nice scenic little river town. Then on my way home I came to a bridge that was out (gone) and took a detour on a muddy dirt road that runs along the creek for about three miles, seeing a bunch of ice "falls' on the cliffs, and crossing the creek a few times before I got to an alternate paved road. Then over the hill and through the dale to home.
[pbss:25o2eise]http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq80/interactman/?action=view&current=c25a819f.pbw[/pbss:25o2eise]

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
trykemike

Re: Early March Ride in Bucks County Pennsylvania.

Hey Softie !

Makes me yearn for the warmer days. Great pics. my shed is still frozen shut
with a pile of ice against the doors. snow this morning. Spring is coming. I currently am between jobs so there may be more time to ride this year.

Enjoy and safe riding to you.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
BusyWeb

Lovely place you live in...
I wonder how the gz handles on the dirt, I might gave up on it...
And like you gz color, RED....

Old 03-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
alanmcorcoran

Boy, you can't beat a covered bridge for a classic back country photo! They had a few of these in CO at the ski resorts (at Vail and Beaver Creek) but they were for foot traffic only and built by the same people that brought you "Main Street" USA at DIsneyland/World. Glad you are getting out and about and REALLY glad someone else is using the Photobucket slideshow Patrick built for me (?).
Old 03-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
mr. softie

Thanks for your comments. We had 6 inches of snow here just last Sunday, but the we had a couple of warm days and it all melted. Lots of grit on the roads left from the road crews, we need some heavy rain to wash the roads clear of that stuff. Got to watch it in the turns, the grit is like little ball bearings.

The GZ doesn't do too bad on the dirt road, I was surprised actually. Of course it is not an off road bike by any stretch of the imagination. Even with the street tires it did quite well in the muddy spots.

Had some trouble getting the slideshow to work, then I realized I needed to SAVE the slideshow on photobucket, then lop off some of the code to get it to work.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
alanmcorcoran

Softie, just click the "Share" button for the application whose code starts with http://s221.photobucket.com/albums ( I think it's for e-mail?)

You do need to save the slide show but no code editing required for me. PB automatically copies the link you need to the cut and paste key (Ctrl+V)
Old 03-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
greenhorn

Excellent!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

GH
Old 03-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Dude! I've been riding river rt 32 and 611 for 2 years and i never found ANY of those covered bridges lol. Where the hell are all those? Thats awesome! I coulda directed you to a 4th lol. I love covered bridges ... i really need to figure out where all those bridges were that you found. All on PA side??

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook