Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 01-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
BadMojo

New Ride

Good news and sad news. Yesterday I purchased a '07 Yamaha V Star 650, the down side is I gave up my GZ250 for it . I enjoyed every moment on my GZ, I will remain a loyal member here anyway, I love this place it rocks Pics will follow, they deliver tomorrow.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #2
Badbob

VStars are good bikes. Congrats! I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
BadMojo

I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow. I don't care how cold it is will ride my bike! Here is a picture, not mine but the same one.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 PM   #4
Badbob

I don't think I have ever seen a white one. Looks nice.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
Bill

Congratulations! Very nice bike! Hope the weather is good tomorrow for you. :2tup:

Cheers!

Old 01-15-2007, 10:42 PM   #6
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
:rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

Very nice. When i upgraded it was between a V Star and a Shadow. I got outbid on the V Star and got the Shadow lol. I know you will enjoy it very much!! Make sure to post about your first ride with it. I know exactly how you are going to feel lol.

That must be a new color for 07? I too have never seen a white one before. That will sure stand out.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #7
BadMojo

I'm not sure if it's a new color for this year. I had several choices red, black, and pearl white. I liked the pearl white, it looked classier than the others. :lol:
Old 01-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
BadMojo

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it was 25 with a wind chill of 19. I got my gear on and took her on her maiden voyage a whopping 6.5 miles down the rode and back, it started to snow LOL, but I got my ride on!! What a difference, not only in power but in handling as well. She was smooth as aged whiskey and easy as pie. I can't wait 'till it warms up to the 50s so I can go for a nice long ride up the Mississippi River.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #9
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Awesome. I like the analogy 'smooth as aged whiskey' lol. That pretty much sums it up right there.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #10
BadMojo

I went back to the shop and purchased saddlebags. Tour master Cruiser II Large Box Riveted. I was able to mount the brackets no problem. I removed the passenger seat and installed the yolk, centered and fastened. My problem is that I don't know where to tie these four straps. On the bags located on each end, front and rear, are snap buckles. The straps in question are suppose to attach somewhere on the bike, then to the bags to prevent them from swinging out. The straps are a good four inches long, I'm lost. I checked out the manufacturers web page and they don't have any instructions posted. Maybe I'll just have to go to the shop and bug the parts dude. Here is what they look like.