Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 01-17-2007, 03:36 AM   #11
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Really, they are supposed to tie/snap to the saddlebag supports. Most of the time, they dont quite line up with the support. My Saddleman bags came with nylon shoelace string for that and i ended up cutting them off (one burned a mark into my pipe). Now i dont have supports on my bike, so they had to come off no matter what because of them dangling.

I tell you what though, you wont see those bags flapping in the wind. I wouldnt worry too much about not being able to snap/tie them down. Mine just rest against the bike and i've never had a problem with them moving while riding.

I would look into a Mustang seat for that bad boy too. Although that looks like a nice cushy seat unlike most stock bikes (my stock seat for example) .... Get out for atleast a 45 min ride and see how the butt burn is. If you get sore at all during that ride, an aftermarket seat is the best investment you could ever get. Pricey but worth every penny. I can go for hours and not feel like ive been sitting on a motorcycle once i get off.

Anyways, if you wanna BS about the bikes some more .. and have msn you can add me via dupntmotorsports@hotmail.com

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-17-2007, 10:35 AM   #12
BadMojo

I'll be going to the bike shop this morning to look for some more goodies and ask one of the parts guys there they install these all the time. But I do appreciate you telling me that sometimes these after market products just don't line up worth a darn. I was starting to feel a bit special. I don't have MSN however some other people I know have it, I'm going to look into it. I just may take you up on your offer, thanks, Carlos.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
Bill

Very nice bike, particularly with that pearl white paint. I don't know if you already have them but might I suggest one of the very first "goodies" that you invest in after personal protection items (which you probably already have) be some decent highway bars like the Cobra brand. Just lay the bike down one time even if you are not moving and the cost of the bars will have been less than the damage to the bike. Cheap insurance. Not to mention possibly preventing personal damage to your legs.

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Water Warrior 2

BadMojo, that is one real purty bike. Awesome color. Dress it up and Ride Safe.