Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 07-20-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
cleensmoke666

boulevard s40

...Ive been playing aroud with the idea of upgradoing to a slightly bigger bike ...i bought my gz about 2mos ago new . I got bout 750 miles on it...so i been researchin this boulevard s40 ...it says it is 40ci..which i think converts to a 600..the point im gettin at is does anyone have any info on it...and does any one thinks the trade in of 250 for it is worth it or upside down value wise....thanx

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
birdmove

Its a 650cc single cylinder motorcycle. I have never ridden one, but have thought about getting one too.I prefer the newer "S40" to the older "Savage" due to the flatter drag bars on the former. They do have belt drive, which I think is a good thing (no chain to oil;no oil slinging all over).They seem to get mostly about 55 mpg-though some claim 60+. The gas tank is a bit small. They look very good, and many have done some great looking mods to their.
You can go to yahoo.com and search their groups. Theres one called, BE_Savage. Also go here http://www.suzukisavage.com/ for lots of info.
The price is quite reasonable for a 650cc-about $4100.00 for a new one. Check out the photo sections of the above groups, and you'll see some really great looking machines.

jon
Old 07-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
Bill

I'm not familiar with the S40 but I am a fan of Suzuki engineering. Although we own a GZ250 my wife and I each ride a C50 which is just a little larger (805cc) than the S40. I can't say enough good things about this bike. It gets compliments on a regular basis from bikers and cagers alike. Worth looking into if you are shopping.

Cheers!

Old 09-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
trykemike

S40

Hey cleansmoke only 750 miles on the GZ it's not broken in yet. What type of cruising are you planning that you can't do on a slightly smaller bike ( length 87 inches vs 85 inches ) . The only problems I have encountered are windy days when I have to focus on keeping straight vs lazing back. The only riders who seem to be unaffected on those days ( we get a lot of them around toronto ) are the big H-D electra-glide riders. If cruising out of traffic 55-60 is ok then you have the capable bike already.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:43 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Looked at them and sat on a couple at a bike show. I really like the looks and it is a killer bike in white with the chrome accents. Started lurking on a 650 forum and kept seeing the same common warts that Suzuki has never addressed to make the 650 a reliable bike. If you want a bike for the long haul keep the 250. If you have a box of tools and like tinkering the 650 is a good bike to learn on because it is simple and relatively cheap. If I could afford one and pay some one else to fix the engine gremlins I would have one for just messing around on shorter rides and keep the VStrom for longer rides.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
Badbob

Belt drives have there own issues. Sudden failure being the primary one that concerns me. If a chain fails its probably been telling you something is wrong for a while and you were not listening.

You can get chains most anywhere there is a bike shop.