Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 03-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #21
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
I can't reply to any insurance issues but I can to filling the tank. Always get off the bike and fill it while it is on the side stand. The difference between really topped up with the bike upright is not great. If you are straddling the bike to fill it and a dumbass rolls in and bumps the bike you will regret it.
Not only that but if you fill it while straddling it when you put the bike back on the stand it may leak out on to a hot engine. Not good.

As for insurance, I'd want the uninsured motorist bodily harm (have it) to make sure I'm covered. You could quite easily meet your limits on your health insurance.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by mole2; 03-23-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #22
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole2 View Post

As for insurance, I'd want the uninsured motorist bodily harm (have it) to make sure I'm covered. You could quite easily meet your limits on your health insurance.

Yup, cover your butt cause no one else will.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #23
CLRibbon

This is an excellent book to read and can be found for around 10 bucks delivered .

Great info for new riders as well as seasoned pros that need a refresher on why they do the things they do.

http://www.amazon.com/Proficient-Mot...t+motorcyclist

CL

Old 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #24
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLRibbon View Post
This is an excellent book to read and can be found for around 10 bucks delivered .

Great info for new riders as well as seasoned pros that need a refresher on why they do the things they do.

CL
Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #25
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLRibbon View Post

CL

Old 04-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #26
grndslm

Couple more quick questions....

- I see that the gas is to be filled up while on the kickstand, but what about the oil? I'm assuming that the oil should be filled to the top of the sight glass window thingy while standing straight up, and NOT on the kickstand, right?

- Where can I buy some mirrors? The left one is missing, and the right one is pretty rusty. I'm assuming that I won't be able to find the stock pair for less than a couple hundred $$, no?

EDIT: I just saw in another thread that yes, the oil should be checked in the upright position. So what about the mirrors??

Last edited by grndslm; 04-04-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #27
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
Couple more quick questions....

- I see that the gas is to be filled up while on the kickstand, but what about the oil? I'm assuming that the oil should be filled to the top of the sight glass window thingy while standing straight up, and NOT on the kickstand, right?

- Where can I buy some mirrors? The left one is missing, and the right one is pretty rusty. I'm assuming that I won't be able to find the stock pair for less than a couple hundred $$, no?

EDIT: I just saw in another thread that yes, the oil should be checked in the upright position. So what about the mirrors??
Yep oil is checked with the bike straight up.About 3/4 ways up the glass.Should be able to find stock mirrors on e-bay pretty reasonably priced.If not any aftermarket mirror with 10mm threads will work.