Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
ndmuscutt

No Electrical & Melting Cables

I have had a recurring problem with my GZ250 for the last year and a half. It's left me not able to use it and, now and then, I can find time to try and figure it out.

Just replaced the solenoid, hoping it was the problem. When the ignition is in the on position, occasionally the headlight will come on and the bike will turn over. Usually it doesn't. There is zero electrical.

Today, I put the jumper cables from the battery to the car because the battery (for some reason) was only at 7 volts. So I put the cables on to jump the bike and the cables began to smoke. I quickly checked to make sure that I had + to + and - to -. No problems there. Hooked the cables back up. And they started smoking and actually melted the plastic. The headlight was only faintly on and the bike still would not start.

I am at my wit's end with this thing. Any suggestions?

By the way, the problem all started last year. When I was riding down the road, the bike would just stop. Blowing the main 20A fuse. Sometimes it would go 5 minute between blowing the fuse. Sometimes all week. It's not blowing the fuse anymore. It's just got no electrical at all now most of the time. Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads