Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 10-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #21
mrlmd1

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Now watch this video - the ultimate hypocrisy. How far does this have to go before congress takes notice? Are they all blind, tone deaf, or just don't give a crap for anything other than themselves and their job? Wait 'till the next election cycle.

I Am Not Moving - a short film about Occupy Wall Street

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #22
Gz Rider

Old 10-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #23
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
like a 9% federal tax on all purchases in addition to whatever state and local sales taxes you already pay,
How much does your local sales tax add up to? In England the greedy government has introduced a 20% VAT (Value Added Tax :whistle: ) on all purchases. This means that, for example, fuel which is already heavily taxed, has a 20% tax added, and the VAT is paid on the total amount, so you're paying tax on the tax.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #24
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Are they all blind, tone deaf, or just don't give a crap for anything other than themselves and their job?

Yes.

That's the problem. Politics is now a career choice, just like any other, instead of a body of elected representatives of the people.
The goal of politicians is not to make the right decisions or to represent themselves. Their goal is to get reelected and/or to keep someone from an opposing party to get elected. Doing the right thing doesn't matter.

Why don't we have any of these guys?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #25
mrlmd1

Those guy are long gone, dead, extinct like the dinosaurs. Well. maybe there's a few of them left.
What this country needs is no career politicians, stagger the terms, maybe limit service to 4 or 6 years at most, then you're gone, back into the real world. With no exorbitant pensions and benefits for the rest of your life. Just thank you, now goodbye.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #26
Gz Rider

Old 10-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #27
mrlmd1

Let's just hope too that he ain't gonna happen. The flavor of the month, or week, changes everyday when they have such poor choices for the leader of the free world, and for us too.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #28
mrlmd1

Here are some charts to further explain all this - pretty interesting.

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-wal ... 11-10?op=1
Old 10-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #29
Water Warrior 2

My ex-brother inlaw lived by the Golden Rule. Whoever has the Gold makes the Rules. Big Business and Politicians make the rules.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #30
music man

The greatest trick the government ever played (and are still playing) is that no majority group of people ever will protest or revolt against them, because they keep us divided and blind to whats really going on by keeping the finger pointing (Example)- well I am a DEMOCRAT and the REPUBLICANS are ripping us off and lying to us and raising taxes and keeping us poor etc. etc. etc..... And then I am a REPUBLICAN and the DEMOCRAT are only for the poor and not the middle and upper class.

The other side effect of that trick is, is that people go to the voting booths every election like sheep thinking that their vote really makes a difference in this country one way or the other, because they really believe that their is a real difference between voting democrat or republican, the only difference is what party is going to end up with more of your money.

It goes on and on, and EVERYONE who falls for that trap, is instantly blinded by the fact that ALL of congress and the president no matter their/his political affiliation, is RIPPING YOU OFF and LYING to you and only out to line their/his own pockets, but all these people that fall into this, only believe that it is the OTHER party that is causing all of it.

And the other problem is the point you guys already made, getting elected to congress or the presidents office shouldn't be a winning powerball ticket, you shouldn't be able to hold public office for a few years and live like Oprah or Bill Gates the rest of your days (and while your in office for that matter). Because how can you expect someone to care about your plight to pay the light bill, that doesn't have not one single care in the world, monetarily speaking at least.

Plus they don't have to worry about job security, because by the time they have served a couple of terms in office, they are set for life anyways, because even if by some unreal chance they are the most honest politician on earth, they are still going to get a MASSIVE pension and health care benefits most rich people can't even dream of.

So what real motivation do they have to give a rats ass about you or what you think or want, they already have your money, and your votes already got them in office.

Now do I have an ultimate solution to this problem, no. If I did I would probably be rich or killed off by congress to shut me up (LOL) but seriously, the best solution would be to make being a congressmen pay about what the average factory supervisor makes, you don't want them dirt poor because then they really would be scandalous and trying to rip you off, but you don't want they filty stinkin' rich like they are now either. Thats my political rant for the evening, thank you, good night.